CHAPTER 2

Harry's eyes fluttered open, and for the 8th time in a row, he laughed. The memory of Dudley falling in was still hilarious. Of course, he had been punished dearly for what he had done, although Uncle Vernon wasn't entirely sure what had happened himself, it was all worth it. By the time he was allowed to leave the cupboard again, summer had started and Harry's birthday was rapidly approaching. 1 week and 3 days. 3 days until he got his first letter. It was his only motivation to stay with the Dursleys.

Harry used his three and a half weeks in the cupboard to think about how he got stuck in the whole mess. He remembered the night like it was yesterday. Awaiting for Ginny to finally come home, dinner with Ron and Hermione, the strange letter and the even stranger time-turner. Time-turners were only supposed to send you back the number of hours you turned it, and yet, Harry hadn't turned it once. In fact, his hand had barely even grazed it before he got pulled into this timeline. Nothing added up. Whoever left that time-turner on Harry's desk knew it was cursed. It must have been the work of a very dark wizard. Of course, even after finally defeating Voldemort in the war Harry still had his fair share of enemies. He still didn't know how the time-turner had sent him back in time this far, or how it had only taken his soul, but he did know that until he found out he was going to be stuck here.

The three days passed in a blur, and Harry woke up one week before his birthday more excited than he had been to set that snake free at the zoo. Of course, no one else would understand his happy mood, however, this didn't bother Harry in the slightest. It just made the experience much more enjoyable, taunting the Dursleys with a smile. He was far too thrilled for what the day had in store for him to be put down by Dudley's rude behaviour.

Nervously, he climbed out of the cupboard and made himself pancakes for breakfast, making sure to clean everything up and leave enough for Aunt Petunia to think he didn't eat any himself. The post would be arriving any minute now. Finally, he heard the click of the post box and the flutter of letters hitting the floor.

"Get the post, Dudley," said Uncle Vernon from where he was sitting behind his newspaper.

"Make Harry get it."

"Get the post, Harry."

"Sure," said Harry with an all-knowing smile. This response made Vernon glance over his newspaper and share a worried look with Petunia. Harry got up out of his seat and wandered to the door. Instantly, he recognised the yellowish parchment and the seal of Hogwarts. Quickly he picked it up and tore it open, not wasting a minute to read and re-read the letter. Slowly, he grabbed the other letters addressed to Vernon. Harry's mind ran a million miles an hour as he thought of how he could finally see his friends again.

Harry wandered back to the kitchen to hand Vernon his post, still looking over his own letter. Memories ran through his head of how he finally came to read the letter the first time around. Harry thought it would be hilarious to see it again, he definitely wanted Hagrid to turn Dudley into a pig, so he carefully slid the letter back into the envelope and handed it to Vernon with all the other letters. He watched as Vernon poured through the pile of letters, finally reaching the one from Hogwarts. His face whitened and he turned to Petunia shaking. Harry saw Petunia visibly flinch, and her eyes darted to Harry, catching him watching.

"What are you watching boy!" She screeched. "Go to your room!" Harry shrugged his shoulders, gas-lighting both his Uncle and Aunt and lazily wandered over to his little cupboard. He rolled over into his bed and began to shake in fits of laughter, with the thought of Aunt Petunia's shocked face circling in his mind. He didn't know exactly what they were talking about but he knew they would do everything in their power over the next couple of days to stop Harry from receiving any letters.