CHAPTER 11

"We need to go Hagrid, now," Harry said, scrambling through the door and straining his eyes over the castle grounds searching for that same mop of blonde hair he had seen only moments ago. Malfoy had gotten a head start and was nearing the castle. Harry faintly heard Hagrid call a goodbye as the three of them sprinted after him. Running with the cloak was slowing the trio down and it kept almost flying off them.

"This isn't working," called Ron after fighting a clump of invisibility cloak from his mouth.

"Harry, let's take the cloak off," said Hermione, pulling hair from her face.

"Fine."

Harry yanked the cloak off them a little too aggressively and they hurried after Malfoy, picking up the pace. At this rate, they would never catch up. Harry cursed being stuck in this small body with small legs and unfit calves. He couldn't run nearly as fast anymore. Just as they slipped through the castle doors they ran into Filch and Malfoy.

"Children out of bed," He sneered, "let's see what you're head of houses thinks of this." Filch was always way too happy about catching kids misbehaving.

Filch dragged the four of them towards professor McGonagall's office where she was at her desk, neatly marking homework assignments.

"I found four of them, all outta bed Minerva," Filch said gleefully.

McGonagall glanced up from the parchment and her lips folded into a tight line as she faced Harry, Ron and Hermione. She seemed, however, unsurprised at the fact they were breaking rules. Her eyes turned to Draco and her lips thinned even more.

"Filch, please fetch Severus," McGonagall instructed.

A few moments later, Filch returned with Professor Snape.

"Caught breaking the rules again, Potter?" Snape drawled, "Fame clearly isn't everything."

Malfoy sniggered at this.

"Mr Malfoy. What were you doing out of bed at this hour?"

"Catching the Gryffindors, sir," Malfoy responded with a look of arrogance on his face.

"Very well."

"Severus, I advise you not to be unfair. 20 points from each of you. Yes, Mr Weasley, my own house. I think detention shall also deter the four of you from adventuring out this late again."

Malfoy's smirk suddenly dropped from his face.

"Sorry Professor, but I don't think I heard you right. Did you say, 'the four of us'?"

"You were indeed out of bed as well Mr Malfoy, no matter how... noble... your intentions were. You shall also serve detention with Mr Potter, Mr Weasley and Miss Granger. I'm sure Hagrid can handle the detentions. Argus, please escort the four of them to him tomorrow night."

"Yes, Minerva."

"I suggest you four get to bed now."

With that, they all parted ways, not without Harry and Malfoy sharing a fierce look of dislike.

The next day after dinner, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Malfoy all gathered at the castle doors waiting for Filch to take them to Hagrid. Harry cast a glance at his watch for the 3rd time seeing that Filch was 15 minutes late by the time he showed up.

"Let's get going. Hagrid has planned something nasty for the four of you. Yes, very nasty indeed," Filch smiled to himself. He was clearly enjoying their misery. Hermione seemed very upset with herself that she had gotten a detention, as she followed Filch quietly.

They walked towards the edge of the Forbidden Forest where they met Hagrid.

"Here we are Hagrid, make sure you scare them real good."