PROLOGUE - PART 2

Harry and Ron arrived with a crack on the other side and fumbled out of the floo. They had arrived at the ministry of magic. It was pitch black, excluding the faint light down the hall, telling them someone was in their shared office space. Sharing a glance, Ron and Harry walked towards the light quietly. It was Gawain Robarbs a strange but brilliant man. He was standing over Harry's desk peering at an item that lay on it and muttering to himself. Harry could only pick up parts of what he was saying.

"-is this possible"

"They were all destroyed-"

He could only hear broken sentences.

Slowly he approached the man so as not to disturb him.

"Robarbs?" He asked, "What have you got there?"

"Ah, Mr Potter you're here at last. There is this strange artifact that has been left on your desk by an unknown source. I'm just trying to figure out what it truly is. You see, all of these were supposedly destroyed during the battle of the department of mysteries many years ago..."

"Yes," Harry muttered, memories of all those lost in the war rushed back to him, especially Sirius. "What has that got to do with anything?"

"You see, it's a time-turner."

"A time-turner? Bloody hell, what's that doing here." Ron said, eyes open in surprise.

"Ah Mr Weasley, I need a word with you. Follow me." Robarbs said walking out, expecting Ron to follow him.

"You go, mate, I'll look at this," smiled Harry as Ron followed Robarbs out the door.

Harry had only used a time-turner in his 3rd year at Hogwarts, to save his Godfather Sirius Black, so he didn't have very much experience. He knew, however, that supposedly all of them had been destroyed during the battle in his 5th year, so how was one here now? Was it a fake? Here is another reason Harry Potter is not in Ravenclaw. He reached his hand out to grab the time-turner to inspect it further, and just as his hand grazed the golden metal, he was pulled into it like he was apparating.

All Ronald could do was watch.

~✦~

The world around Harry spun uncontrollably. There was a whirl of colours and sounds, he could vaguely make out Ron yelling his name. There was nothing that could stop it. Harry closed his eyes and prayed for this whole experience to end soon. After what felt like an eternity, Harry could finally feel the spinning stop. Underneath him was an uncomfortable bed, that felt far too small for his body. Slowly he opened his eyes to see a tiny room with spiders covering the walls. Instantly, he recognised it. The cupboard under the stairs.