CHAPTER 4

It had been a dreary month back with the Dursleys, just waiting to, yet again, get on the train to Hogwarts. The days leading up to it were becoming more exciting with each minute. He was going to see Ron, Hermione, Neville and Ginny. His friends.

It reached September 1st, and Harry plonked himself down into Uncle Vernon's car.

"What do you think you're doing there boy!" Vernon yelled, coming out of the house.

"I think that you're gonna take me to the train station," Harry replied. "Or would you rather me call Hagrid?" Harry smirked, knowing that he had won. Vernon turned purple with rage, and stomped away, muttering to himself.

Despite the 'friendly' mood his Uncle was in, Harry found the car ride extremely boring. The only reason for him being there, the train to Hogwarts. Reaching the station, Vernon turned to Harry.

"So," he began, "what platform do you need to go to?"

"Platform 9 ¾," Harry responded and watched as Uncle Vernon tried to process this information.

"Hah! There's no such thing!" Vernon exclaimed, a large grin forming on his face. Harry rolled his eyes, pushing his trolley towards platforms 9 and 10.

"Well obviously muggles like you can't see it. It's magic!" Uncle Vernon visibly flinched at the use of the 'm word' but regained his composure.

"Well boy, here are platforms 9 and 10," Vernon said with a smile, "even if I can't see it, there is no way for you to possibly get to 'platform 9 ¾'." Harry watched as his Uncle walked away, laughing to himself, believing that Harry had nowhere else to go. Turning around he wandered towards the wall, looking out for anyone he knew. Then he saw them. The Weasleys. Fred. Ron. Ginny.

Harry was overcome with relief.

~✦~

"Now what's the platform number?" Mrs Weasley asked her bundle of children.

"Nine and three-quarters!" piped Ginny who was holding her mother's hand, "can't I go, Mum..."

"You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go first."

They all looked so young. It was surreal seeing the people who were practically Harry's family 13 years younger. More so than it was seeing the Dursleys.

"Fred you're next," Mrs Weasley said after Percy had disappeared behind the barrier.

"I'm not Fred, I'm George. Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

"Sorry, George, dear."

"Just kidding, I am Fred," and off he went, George following close behind. It was nice seeing Fred again. Harry was fighting to keep tears down.

"Excuse me," Harry said walking up to the remaining Weasleys. Ron and Ginny.

"Hullo, dear. First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new too," she said, nodding her head towards him.

"Yes, I was just wondering-"

"How to get on to the platform? Not to worry, just walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop or be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. You best have a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on now, before Ron."

Harry decided it was probably best to talk to Ron after they were on the train, so he turned and pushed his trolley straight at the barrier. It was still a bit nerve-wracking walking straight into a hard brick wall even after doing it all those years, but nonetheless, he approached the barrier and went straight through it.