CHAPTER 16

When Harry woke, he was met with the golden spectacles of Albus Dumbledore.

Harry desperately tried to remember what had happened. But from when he passed out to now was erased from his memory.

"Sir! The stone! Quirrell has it!"

"Calm yourself boy, you are a little behind times," Dumbledore had a twinkle in his eyes that told Harry all he needed to know. Harry calmed down and looked around, glancing at the pile of sweets placed on the end of his bed. Noticing this, Dumbledore spoke.

"They are from your friends and admirers. What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows."

Harry laughed at this.

"How long have I been here?" he asked.

"Three days. Mr Weasley, Miss Granger and surprisingly, Mr Malfoy will be very pleased to hear you are ok."

"Malfoy... What happened to the stone?"

"It has been destroyed."

Harry needn't ask anymore. He just had to check Voldemort was not coming back earlier than intended.

Dumbledore and Harry chatted for a little while longer before he had to excuse himself.

After a while, Madam Pomfrey came in, telling him to go back to sleep, even though Harry knew Ron and Hermione would be waiting to see him.

"Just 5 minutes, please," He begged.

"No, you need rest." Madam Pomfrey responded.

"I am resting, see, lying down and everything. Please."

"Oh alright, but just 5 minutes!" She said and walked towards the door, letting Harry's friends in.

Ron and Hermione rushed in and told Harry everything. How they had rushed out, told Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore, and came back to find Harry lying on the ground, with Quirrell just out of his grasp. In return, Harry told them what had happened after he walked through the black fire. He told them how Quirrell was truly the one after the stone - he couldn't help the smug look on his face at Ron and Hermione's shocked faces - how Quirrell was smuggling Voldemort into the school, how he had gotten the stone and how he had defeated him.

"I told you it would be fine," Harry said sheepishly to Hermione, who gave him a stern look in return.

"I wouldn't call this fine... we thought you were- Dumbledore was so worried."

"Hermione... I'm ok." Hermione looked up, tears brimming in her eyes. She rushed forward and gave him another hug, before going and standing back next to Ron.

"Listen, mate, you have to be better by tomorrow. It's the end of year feast, and look, Slytherin did end up winning - we got smashed in the last Quidditch match without you - but the food'll be good." Ron looked at Harry expectantly. Harry grinned, remembering how Dumbledore gave them enough points for Gryffindor to win.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

~✦~

Harry was wandering down the corridor, after just being let out by a reluctant Madam Pomfrey, when he ran right into Hagrid.

"Harry! Yeh alrigh'!" That's as far as he got before bursting into tears. "It's all my ruddy fault! I shouldn' ever told anyone 'bout Fluffy! And now look what that evil git's done to you! Yeh could've died!"

"Hagrid!" Harry shouted, breaking Hagrid out of his tears. "You have nothing to take the blame for! Trust me, he would've just found out some other way!" Hagrid looked up, his eyes rimmed red. All of a sudden he grabbed Harry and wrapped him in a hug.