Andrea; Public Enemy Number 1

CHRIS POV

I had to stay in bed overnight, Hershel confirmed it was definitely a sprained ankle. I stayed in another room of the house, a bandage around my foot and being held up by a pillow. I was reading my book when I heard a knock.

"Come in."

"Hey can I talk to you?"

"Of course, I said you could talk me about anything Mags."

She bit her lip and slowly shut the door. I clapped my book closed and set it down on the bedside table. Maggie came and sat by my bedside.

"I had sex with Glenn."

"You what?!"

"Shh! Keep your voice down."

"Sorry. What happened may I ask?"

"We were out on the run in town, and we were inside the pharmacy when he picked up a box of condoms."

"What for?"

"I don't know, that's why I asked him. And one thing led to another. Now I don't know what to do, if Daddy found out he'd kill me."

"Hey Mags, you're a grown woman. Your dad shouldn't tell you who you should be with. If you like Glenn, you like Glenn. There ain't no one stopping you."

****

I felt that my ankle was getting better, so I decided to go for a walk outside to exercise it. Rick had told me that the search was still happening so not many people would be around. I walked out near the RV, Andrea was on top with Dale's shotgun. I shielded my eyes from the sun to look up at her.

"Whatcha doin?"

"I'm keeping lookout while Dale is having a break."

"Okay, just be careful."

I heard the farmhouse door open and turned to see Shane and Rick coming out, muttering under their breaths. I heard a small gasp come from Andrea.

"Walker! I've got it!"

"No! Don't shoot. Hershel said he takes care of them. I'll go look."

I held up my hand as I limped towards the Walker coming out from the tree line. This Walker looked really familiar though.

"Daryl?"

I began to run towards him, I could hear Rick and Shane's heavy footfalls behind me. He was covered in dirt and blood, dragging his crossbow with a slight limp.

"That's the third time you've held a gun to my face. Why don't you just pull the trigger?"

I moved my mouth to laugh at Daryl's dig at Rick, but I felt a whoosh of air beside my face and Daryl's head whipped to the side as he fell to the ground. It was like I was on autopilot. I ran to his side, I could feel the tears stinging in my eyes as I took a closer look. An angry red line now marred the side of his face, dangerously close to his temple. Shouts were coming from the RV.

"I got it! I shot a Walker!"

Andrea jumped up and down, a big grin on her face. In that moment, I saw nothing but red. I shot up, and started running towards the RV. Andrea jumped down, her grin making me all the more angry. I didn't even care that my ankle was throbbing. I grabbed the bitch's hair and threw her into the side of the RV.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO FUCKING SHOOT! I FUCKING TOLD YOU, YOU DUMB BITCH! YOU NEVER LISTEN! FUCKING HELL! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU INSUFFERABLE PIECE OF SHIT! HE COULD'VE DIED! YOU COULD'VE KILLED HIM! IF HE DIES, YOU'RE GONNA WISH YOU'D NEVER BEEN BORN! YOU MOTHERFUCKING DUMBASS BITCH!"

I grabbed her by the collar and layed my hand into her already bleeding face. I watched as she fell to the ground, scrambling to get away from me. I readied myself to jump on her but I felt arms wrap around my waist and shoulders.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! CHRIS, STOP IT!"

I stopped fighting, my eyes still trained on Andrea. As the adrenaline ceased, the pain in my hands and ankles came into focus. My breathing was really heavy and the red tinge faded from my vision. Rick and T-Dog were the ones holding me back from harming Andrea any further.

"Stop it. Go get that hand looked at, go inside right now."

I kept my gaze on Blondie. I was so mad, she didn't deserve me saying her name.

"Sleep with one eye open, bitch."

I roughly pushed the two men off me before limping towards the farmhouse.

****

Hershel gave me the lecture of my life. A lecture about my health and me getting into fights and damaging myself further. Blah blah blah. I had to have stitches, I damaged my hand that much. My ankle was now more swollen than what it was, Hershel forced me to stay in bed. I was wrapping the bandage around my foot again when a knock sounded.

"Come in."

"So you're out too huh?"

I rolled my eyes and looked up at Daryl. His head was wrapped and he was holding his side.

"What have you done to yourself Dixon?"

"Horse got spooked by a snake. Fell down an incline, impaled meself with my own arrow."

"Well that was stupid wasn't it? Should teach you not to go searching on your own."

"Heard you went off at Andrea. Threatened to kill her. Why? Didn't realise you cared that much."

"I don't. It's just that you're our best chance at finding Sophia. You've been doin the hard yards, going out there every damn day almost killing yourself in the process, just to find this little girl."

"You're a tracker too."

"I know, but I'm a bit rusty. You're the best tracker by far in the group. If you died, we'd be screwed."

He let out a small chuckle and ran his thumb over his bottom lip.

"Thanks, I guess."

"Hey, don't go getting a big head now."

He went to walk out but turned his head toward me at the last second.

"Hey, just so you know, I don't hate you."

He walked out and shut the door. I felt my jaw drop open.

Huh, I guess that a near death experience really changes you.

_____

Just so you guys know,
I will be making the next chapter a Daryl POV. We'll finally see what made him have a change of heart about Chris and them being full on enemies.

And yes, at some point there will be something between Chris and Merle, albeit not romantically.

Luv yas,
ChrissieSlytherin xxx