Safe Haven

CHRIS POV

I woke up on my back, with an arm wrapped around my waist. I smiled sleepily and turned slightly to see Daryl's peaceful face, eyes closed and breathing steady. I chuckled softly and he opened his eyes, smirking when he saw me staring.

"How long have ya been watchin me?"

"Not long. You're so peaceful when you're sleepin'"

I leaned over and kissed him quickly before sitting up and stretching my arms out. I saw Rick up and pacing the yard again, everyone else was sound asleep. Slowly everyone began to wake from their slumbers.

"We need to somehow get inside the prison itself. There's most likely a cafeteria, an infirmary. We could stock up."

"What about an armoury?"

"There's probably one not far from here, not inside though. We need to get rid of the Walkers on the inside."

"We'll make a formation and make our way to the closest cell block. We can protect each other. Those who can't can distract the Walkers by banging on the fence."

We all gathered up our weapons and began to make our way to the interior fence. This could be our home if we just keep pushing forward, all this work will pay off in the end.
As I pushed through, beside T-Dog and Daryl, we continued the given way straight through the center while everyone behind the fence began yelling, giving their attention over towards them. Letting us continue on.

The quick stabs in the forehead or anywhere near the brain was a delicate procedure, especially when it needed to be fast to return to the circle.

"Don't break rank!"

"We need that!"

T-Dog made a break for a swat riot gear, I assume this prison has more stories to tell than just Walkers coming around, they tried to keep order. Until everything fell to shit. But the fact was, everyone was breaking apart. Even if it was just for a quick second, my back wasn't covered. And instead of letting it go, I felt Daryl brush up against me, making me feel secure as Maggie returned.

"Almost there....Shit."

Once Rick pushed his back up against the wall I took a wonder what he had seen, but once I saw the few dead bodies walk on towards us. The fact that he didn't want anyone to move out into the area, had me believe another fence or wall was opened.

Daryl stood behind me, his crossbow now out. His aim was towards men in riot gear, and before I could even stop him, he fired, not even making a dent to the armor. I mentally facepalmed as he let out a low grunt. One of these Walker's came from the open door Rick had opened a minute ago, and as it come towards Maggie, she quickly pushed it away. Even the bat couldn't make a dent in it, so instead, I came up beside it, holding its head back and stabbing it up through the neck.

"Daryl!"

I heard Rick yell, seeing them both closing the non contained had me come closer to the group in need. Everyone seemed to be struggling on how to kill the ones with helmets, so coming over closer to them did I do the same technique. Hold back their head and aim upwards, even adding a little twist to make sure everything was dead.

Everyone looked over to me with wide open eyes as they worked together to get the rest done with, running on over to the freshly chained fence do I see a few fallen Walker's that cannot even get up. So stabbing them was the least I could do, especially when we end up cleaning this area.

Looking around the perimeter do I find it hard that we actually did it. We made our way into the cell block and I could already hear the groans coming from the upstairs cells. There were none downstairs, thank god. Daryl, Rick and I made our way upstairs to deal with them, they were locked in so they couldn't hurt us. After we took care of them, Daryl headed for the security perch and found a set of keys on the dead guard. He handed them to me and I unlocked all the cell doors. They threw the bodies down to T-Dog who dragged them out into the field. As soon as we cleaned up, we all began to settle in. I let out a contented sigh as I headed to the cell upstairs nearest to the perch. I could sense someone behind me.

"You gonna sleep in here?"

"Nah, I'll take the perch. I ain't sleepin in no cage."

I pouted at him.

"Well, I'm here if you change your mind."

_____

Again, just another filler chapter. Writers block be hitting me hard. To keep yourselves occupied, you can listen to my podcast on Spotify or follow my Tik Tok.

Luv yas,
ChrissieSlytherin xxx