Dale, oh Dale

CHRIS POV

Daryl and I headed for the small shed that held our prisoner. He cracked open the padlock and we made our way inside, shutting the door behind us. Randall was handcuffed to the wall, blindfolded and gagged. I briskly walked over and pulled off both bits of cloth from his face.

"Randall, is it? Here's the deal; just tell us what we want to know and you won't be harmed any further. Lie to me, and trust me I'll know, and I'll get my friend Daryl here to do things to you in the most horrible way. You get 3 chances, lie to me three times and I let Daryl do whatever he wants to do to you. Do you understand?"

He quickly nods his head and I kneel down to his level.

"How many men are in your group?"

"Not many. Only around 8 men."

Strike one. I grabbed him by his collar and pulled his face right up to mine.

"STRIKE ONE! DON'T LIE TO ME! HOW MANY MEN ARE IN YOUR GROUP?!"

"I-I told you! I'm telling the truth!"

"NOPE! STRIKE TWO!"

I swung my hand across his face.

"Okay! Okay! At least 30, 30 guys!"

"Do y'all have a camp nearby? Or are y'all just passing through?"

"I don't know, they never tell me anything."

That did it.

"Daryl, that's the third time he's lied to me. Why don't you show our friend here a little southern hospitality?"

I let go of Randall, Daryl unsheathed one of his knives and gave me a slight nod. I took a small step back and crossed my arms over my chest. Daryl knelt down next to Randall, pressing the blade of his knife against his injured leg.

"You ever picked off a scab?" Daryl snarled in Randall's face.

"I'm tryna cooperate! I don't know much, I only met them recently!"

"He's still lying."

"You start real slow at first, but sooner or later you just gotta rip it off!"

"Wait! They are heavily armed, automatics and stuff. But I ain't done anythin!"

Daryl pulled the knife away and came to stand beside me.

"These people shot at our people! My brother was one of them, they tried to take this farm! You tryna say you innocent?!"

"Yes! I thought I had a better chance!"

I scoffed and turned my back on him.

"We go out, scavenge ya know? One night we found this little campsite, a man and his two daughters. Teenagers, ya know?"

I felt a chill run down my spine as Randall lowered his voice to barely a whisper. I turned my head slowly to look at him, my eyebrows lowered into a scowl. I felt Daryl tense up beside me.

"Real cute, ya know the type? The man was forced to watch while the others-, they didn't even kill him afterwards. They just made him watch and just left em there. But I didn't do anything, I didn't touch those girls-"

I swung my fist straight across his face. His eyes widened as I straddled him and just kept on laying my fist into his face.

"YOU DID! YOU ARE A FUCKING COWARD AND A LIAR! I'M GONNA KILL YOU MYSELF!"

I felt Daryl wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me away from Randall.

"We'll leave him to rot in here, see what Rick says."