Hallucinations

DARYL POV

I was at home. I loved being out alone in the woods, doin what I do best. It was day 5 of searching for Sophia and after finding that cabin, I wasn't gonna stop any time soon. The horse was easy to handle, I guess it was just my dominance that made it like that. I heard that horses respond to your mood or somethin.

"Whoa boy!"

The horse suddenly reared up and I got thrown from its back. I was riding beside a ridge, I fell all the way down the incline. I landed in the creek, a pain on my side becoming obvious. I took a quick look, one of my crossbow bolts piercing the side of my torso. Black spots clouded my vision, I was losin blood fast. Quick thinkin, I grabbed the sleeve of my shirt and used most of my strength to rip it from the material. It ripped pretty clean and I began to bind it around my wound. But the blood was pouring out so fast, I drifted in and out.

****

My eyes began to focus as a familiar voice rang through my ears.

"Why don't you pull the arrow out dummy? You can bind your wound better."

Merle was standing over me, a look of distaste on his face.

"Merle."

"You taking a siesta or something?"

I groaned and tried to sit up. My energy didn't let me and I fell straight back down.

"A shitty day, bro."

"Like me to get your pillow? Maybe rub your feet?"

I sat up on my hands and stared my brother right in the face.

"Screw you."

"Huh-uh. You're the one screwed from the looks of it. All them years l spent trying to make a man of you, this is what l get? Look at you. Lying in the dirt like a used rubber. You're gonna die out here, little brother. And for what?"

"A girI. They lost a little girl."

"So you got a thing for little girls now?"

I narrowed my eyes at the mention of Sophia.

"Shut up."

"Cause I noticed you ain't out looking for old Merle no more."

"Tried like hell to find you, bro."

"Like hell you did. You split, man. Lit out first chance you got."

"You lit out. All you had to do was wait. We went back for you. Rick and l, we did right by you."

"This the same Rick that cuffed me
to the rooftop in the first place? Forced me to cut off my own hand?"

He held up his right hand, but there was no stump. His hand was intact, even though it was in Glenn's backpack back in Atlanta. This wasn't real.

"This him we're talking about here? You his bitch now?"

"l ain't nobody's bitch."

"You're a joke is what you are, playing errand boy to a bunch of pansy-asses, and democrats."

He laughed and ran his thumb over his bottom lip before taking a step towards me.

"You're nothing but a freak to them. Redneck trash. That's all you are. They're laughing at you behind your back. You know that, don't you? l got a little news for you, son. One of these days, they're gonna scrape you off their heeIs like you was dogshit."

I went to close my eyes again but Merle kicked my leg, getting me awake again.

"Hey. They ain't your kin, your blood. Hell, you had any damn nuts in that sack of yours, you'd got back there and shoot your pal Rick in the face for me."

I scoffed and shook my head. Not the best idea. My head started to spin.

"Now you listen to me. Ain't nobody ever gonna care about you except me, IittIe brother. Not even that girl you have a thing for. What's her name again? Chris? She hates your guts and you know it. She's never gonna love you back."

"Shut the fuck up about Chris. You know nothing about her."

He kicked my foot again.

"Come on, get up on your feet before I have to kick your teeth in. Let's go. Come on."

Suddenly Merle changed into a Walker. It was a Walker grabbing my leg, not my brother. My crossbow was too far to shoot the fucker in the head. Instead I braced myself and pulled the arrow out of my side, slamming it into the walkers skull. Another one came out of the bush, I quickly stood up, yanked the arrow out and killed the next one. I don't know what came over me but I took the ears off both of them and threaded them onto a necklace. Kind of a trophy I guess. I picked up my crossbow and headed back to the ridge. I slowly made my way up the incline.

"Son of a bitch was right."

"Please, don't feed the birds."

I looked up at my brother peering over the edge of the incline at me. He continued to laugh as I clawed my way up the ridge.

"What's the matter, Darylina? That all you got in you? Throw away that purse and climb."

I gritted my teeth and reached my arm up again.

"I Iiked it better when you was missing."

"Come on, don't be like that. I'm on your side."

"Yeah? Since when?"

"HeII, since the day you were born, baby brother. Somebody had to look after
your worthless ass."

"You never took care of me. You talk a big game, but you was never there. Hell, you ain't here now. Some things never change."

"Well, l'll tell you what -- I'm as real as your chupacabra."

"l know what l saw."

"And l'm sure them shrooms you ate had nothing to do with it, right?"

"You'd best shut the hell up."

"Or what? You're gonna come up here
and shut my mouth for me? WeII, come on and do it then, if you think you're man enough. Hey, kick off them damn
high heels and climb, son. You know what? lf l were you, l'd take a pause for the cause, brother. Cause I just don't think you're gonna make it to the top. Come on. Come on, little brother. Grab your friend Rick's hand."

I reached for his hand, but instead it met solid ground. I pulled with the last of my strength and sprawled out on the grassy bank. Merle wasn't there anymore.

"Yeah, you'd better run!"

______

So Daryl has a little crush on our girl Chris! Ooh drama. So now we know why Daryl has had a little change of heart about Chris.

Luv yas,
ChrissieSlytherin xxx