A Dash for the Gate

CHRIS POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"What did you do?"

"He tried to kill me. He got me out here to stab me in the back."

I threw my arms down in defeat.

"Well, we found Randall. He was a Walker."

"Dad?! Aunt Chris?!"

I look at Carl, whose eyes were wide with fear looking behind us. I turned slowly and I could only just see all the eyeshines coming towards us.

"Oh fucking hell."

****

The herd was heading straight for the house, and we were all screwed unless we did something. I sprinted towards the house.

"Everyone out now! Herd coming! We need to go!"

Daryl and the others ran out onto the porch.

"Everyone get into a vehicle! We need to get out of here now!"

I ran towards one of the cars and jumped inside, turning the key in the ignition. I could see sparks from the various guns that were going off around the farm. I drove around to the farmhouse.

"Whoever wants to, get in now!"

I jumped out of the car and threw the keys to Maggie.

"What are you doing?!"

"I need to go find Rick and Carl! I'll catch up!"

I sprinted for the barn, I could just make out the silhouette of the RV against the side facing the hayloft. I could see Jimmy in the drivers seat, ready to pull away. The walkers were getting closer by the minute.

"RICK! CARL!"

Their faces came out from the hayloft and they looked down at me.

"We need to go now!"

"Hold on!"

Rick disappeared back inside for a moment before coming back out. A light flickered in the corner of my vision. The barn was on fire.

"Jump onto the RV now!"

"Chris! Look out!"

I turned sharply, a Walker bared his teeth and stumbled in my direction. I pulled my knife from its holster and stabbed it through the head. More Walkers were coming at me, some of them making their way inside the RV. Jimmy didn't stand a chance, my ears were filled with Jimmy's screams as he was torn apart. Red splashed across the windshield. I watched Rick and Carl jump onto the roof of the RV and make their way down the ladder.

"Head back to the house! Make sure everyone's out!"

Rick gave me a slight nod and ran off, grabbing Carl's arm on the way. I made my way through the small herd coming my way, putting my knives through their heads. I ran back towards the wells, I managed to make out some headlights heading down the dirt drive. I took the last piece of my adrenaline and sprinted diagonal towards the car, hoping to meet it further down the drive. I managed to run alongside it, waving my arms for the driver to get me. Eventually the car slowed and the back door opened.

"Get in! Hurry!"

Maggie yelled out to me. I grabbed the door and swung myself inside, out of breath from all that running. I laid down across the back seat panting, and running my arm across my forehead that was drenched with sweat and Walker blood.

"We can't head back there. Did you see if everyone made it out?"

"The only people I saw were Rick and Carl. I told them to head back to the house to get everyone out. The RV was overrun, Jimmy didn't make it. I didn't see anyone else. Not even Daryl....."

Everything went black.

****

I opened my eyes to blinding light. Sitting up slowly, I could just make out the silhouettes of Glenn and Maggie in the front seats of the car.

"Thought we lost you for a second."

Glenn let out a small chuckle as he looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"Nope, still kicking. Where are we going?"

"We're circling around back to the highway. Gotta start somewhere."

I made myself comfortable in one of the seats and stared out the window. It made me think of last nights events. Was Rick and Carl ok? Daryl? Carol? Then I remembered what happened between Daryl and I last night. The way his lips felt on mine, the passion and excitement that jolted through my body as I melted in his arms.

"What's got you all smiley?"

I jolted out of my thoughts as Maggie turned in her seat to look at me, her eyebrow raised.

"Nothing. I'm just daydreaming."

"'Bout Daryl?"

"Wha-, what are you talking about?"

I could feel my face getting beet red as I sputtered and huffed.

"While you were sleeping, you kept saying his name over and over again. What happened out there?"

"Well Miss Nosy, if you must know, we had a little moment out in the woods. What did he tell you guys?"

"He came in and he was all red and flustered. He told that you'd found Randall, but that he had no bites or scratches on him. Then the herd came, and that was it."

I groaned and laid my head back on the headrest. This was gonna be a long car ride.

We made our way back to the highway where we left Sophia. It was so strange to think that Sophia, Dale and Shane were gone. We tried to drive through the cars once again, that's when I heard it. I heard the revving of a motorcycle behind the car. I turned in my seat and a big grin lit up my face.

"Maggie! Stop the car! It's them! They're behind us!"

She slammed on the brakes, I jumped out of the car so fast. As soon as he saw me, his smile said it all. He turned off the bike and got off, Carol was sitting on the back but I didn't care who saw. I ran as fast as I could and before either of us could comprehend it, I jumped into his waiting arms and connected my lips with his. It was the feelings of relief that he was alive and okay that fuelled my fire. I could feel everyone's eyes on us but it was like we were in our own little bubble where no one could touch us. Our lips disconnected and I buried my head into the nape of his neck.

"Thank god you're alright. I thought I lost you."

"You could never lose me, even if you wanted to."

_____

Aaahh! We finally have a couple! So we move on to Season 3 and man, some shits gonna go down! Thanks for reading guys, keep up the support!

Luv yas,
ChrissieSlytherin xxx