Lost then Found

(This one is gonna be a long chapter)

⚠️TW: Mentions of physical abuse, SH, miscarriage and ED⚠️

CHRIS POV

The day after the Walker attacked Dale, Randall escaped. Shane took him out into the woods and supposedly got the jump on him, taking his gun away too.

****

Glenn, Daryl and I made our way through the woods, on the lookout for Randall. Me and Daryl still couldn't find any tracks or any sign of Randall.

The Walker rounded the corner and made his way to bite Glenn. Glenn pushed it away straight into Daryl, knocking him to the ground. I pulled out my hunting knife and plunged it through the walkers head, it's mouth just inches away from Daryl's nose. When Daryl rolled the body off him, we all looked at its face. Randall.

"Son of a bitch, thank god we found him."

We began to check him over, no bites and no gun.

"He wasn't bitten, there's no marks."

"Maybe we just can't see one."

"Glenn, he wasn't bitten."

"Nah, his neck was broke. He died from that."

"Daryl, didn't Shane say that Randall took his gun?"

"Yeah, I 'member."

"He doesn't have a gun on him."

I stood up, sheathed my knife and brushed my hands on my jeans.

"Both of you head back to the house and warn the others, I'm gonna go find Rick."

I turned to walk away but I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Nah, you ain't goin out there alone. Not with Shane bein the way he is."

"Fine. Come with me then. Glenn, you head back and tell everyone."

He nodded and ran back the way we came. Daryl and I began to trek through the woods, heading the direction that Rick and Shane had headed. I looked up at the taller man and saw the moonlight glistening off his skin. He looked down at me and looked away again, pursing his lips.

"Just say it."

"Wha?"

"You got something to say? Just say it."

"Fine, why must ya always be tryna get yaself killed? First the Walker attack at the camp, then the CDC explosion, the Walker in the well and now tryna go out in the woods by yaself with a madman out on the loose."

"I can handle myself thank you."

"Well obviously ya can't. We always have to help ya out of trouble."

"I ain't Carol, I don't need to be taken care of like a damsel in distress."

"Don't bring Carol into this, ya don't know what she's gone through."

"You don't know what I've gone through either so shut it. You know nothing about me or my life so leave it."

"Ya know there are people worse off than ya? Me and Carol have gone through way worse than ya could ever imagine and ya don't see us havin a death wish. I'm sorry that Princess doesn't always get what she wants all the time."

That did it. I finally snapped.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT! I'VE TOLD YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT I DON'T LIKE BEING CALLED THAT BUT YOU DON'T FUCKING LISTEN! STOP CALLING ME
PRINCESS!"