Chapter Thirty-Four

Levi

It was obvious Tessa was avoiding me. I hadn't seen her since we had lunch with everyone on Sunday. After that, she ghosted as soon as she could, staying with Charlotte and Colin, saying it was to help with wedding prep.

I knew the truth. I spooked her, and now, I was paying the price.

Tessa probably assumed I was just messing with her, playing some childish game, but that wasn't my intention at all. I wanted to help us both out by letting off some steam- preferably naked in my bed- but she took my advances the wrong way, and I've been left with blue balls all week.

Sure, I have two perfectly functional hands- trust me, they've been getting a workout- but it's not the same. Nothing ever is compared to my night last summer with Tessa.

I just need a repeat of that night, so we can both let out all of our frustrations and go on about our merry way. The way Tessa responded to me at the restaurant, I have a feeling she could use that release too. If only she'd stop avoiding me.

When Jason and I got home Wednesday, I fully expected another Tessa-free night, thinking she'd keep up her disappearing act the rest of the week. I was shocked as hell when I pulled into the driveway and saw her car parked behind Charlotte's Tahoe on the street.

Jason and I walked inside to find the two women laughing about something as they sipped wine, cooking something that smelled delicious. At the sight of his woman, J perked up, beaming from ear to ear as he hurried over to her, scooping her into his arms as I watched his sister from the sidelines.

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. That was the last thing I thought I'd see when I walked into the house today.

No, scratch that. Tessa eyeing me like a piece of meat from across the kitchen was the last thing I thought I'd see.

She was, though. I watched as her gaze drew long strokes down my body, filling me with an intense heat that shot straight to my dick. She slowly sipped from her wine glass, lapping up the last drop with her tongue as she removed the cup from her lips.

I was entranced by her, still unsure if it was a dream or reality. Fuck, I hoped it was real and not some messed-up form of torture from my muddled brain.

"This smells incredible! You two didn't have to do this," Jason said, pulling my attention away from Tessa.

"We just wanted to surprise you guys. What better way to do that than with a tasty dinner and some wine." Charlotte smiled at Jason as she poured him a glass.

I hadn't seen Tessa ease closer to me with an extra glass in hand. "Here's one for you, Levi," she said to me.

Her words hit me like a soft caress, sounding more sultry than they likely were. I nodded my thanks as I took the glass from her hand, noticing how she let hers linger. The simple contact was enough to drive me insane. After several days of unsatisfying self-sessions, I needed a thorough release.

I instantly thought of far more enticing places she could let her hand linger, regretting the thought as soon as it came. My pants were suddenly uncomfortably tight, and the lustful look in Tessa's eyes was only making it worse.

If we were alone, I'd probably take my chances and pull her against me, lift her legs around my waist, and make her scream my name right there on the counter. But there were other parties present who wouldn't take kindly to my unbridled show of passion- namely, her big brother.