Chapter Thirty-Five

Tessa

The look on Levi's face last night as I shut the bathroom door in his face was priceless. He thought he was going to get lucky, playing right into my hand like my friends told me he would.

I wasn't sure it would work. Hell, I wasn't even sure I could go through with it until Char poured me a couple of glasses of wine. After that, it was easier to put my plan into action. If Levi was just messing with me, he deserved it.

When I first reached out and placed my hand on his thigh, I thought he'd see right through my façade and put an end to my game as soon as it started. Boy, was I wrong. Levi melted like putty in my hands, growing rock hard by the end of dinner.

I knew victory would be mine when he followed me like a puppy to my bedroom. I grabbed my lace thong on purpose, knowing he'd zero in on it and get even more excited. He always was a sucker for lace.

If last night confirmed anything, it's that Colin and Leah were right. Whatever game Levi was playing before, I could play it better. And if he wasn't playing a game... Well, I'd cross that bridge when I reached it.

Coffee was calling my name as I walked to the kitchen, still flying high on my victory last night. It didn't even cross my mind that Levi might be up or that he may have been salty about what happened- salty enough to want payback.

That's why I froze the instant I stepped into the kitchen. I passed Jason on my way downstairs as he headed up to shower. It never crossed my mind that I may encounter an angry Levi this morning before he left for work.

His back was turned as he started the coffee pot. I almost turned and ran away, but I was frozen to the spot, unable to move, unable to think. Everything was muddled as I gawked at him.

I could see every muscle on his naked back. They rippled as he reached up, grabbing a mug from the cabinet. My eyes drank him in, noting every new muscle from head to toe. Not much was left to the imagination.

He was wearing gray sweatpants that hung loose on his hips. From the back, I could see low on his spine as the loose pajamas dipped dangerously. He wasn't wearing anything underneath.

A shudder of excitement ran through me at the thought.

As if sensing me, Levi spun around, giving me a clear view of his frontside- hard abs and all. I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes. I told myself it was because I was afraid I'd see the anger in them from what I did last night, but that was a lie.

I couldn't stop ogling him. His muscles seemed to pop as he leaned against the counter, sipping his coffee. Did he work out this morning?

Everything is so... Big.

When I finally mustered the courage to look him in the eye, I found he wasn't angry at all. Levi was smirking back at me, enjoying the fact that I was just eye fucking him for five minutes.

"Good morning, Tessa."

I cleared my throat before answering. "Morning, Levi."

Before I could stop them, my eyes flicked down again, appreciating his toned abs. I swear he flexed as I did that. A wave of desire washed over me, and I had to quickly banish it away. He's just playing the game, Tess. Stay strong.

I shook my head, clearing it as best I could before approaching the coffee pot. "How'd you sleep?"

It was with great effort that I was able to make my voice sound normal, knowing what he probably had to do before he was able to sleep last night. That boner he was sporting when I left him outside the bathroom was raging.

Levi didn't move when I reached the coffee pot. My elbows brushed his side as I tried to maneuver my way around him to get what I needed. The brief contact made my skin tingle. What he did next made my heart start pounding.

As I focused all my attention on not spilling coffee all over the counter, he moved closer, pressing himself against me. He leaned down, his lips barely touching my ear as he brushed my hair from my shoulder.

"I slept great after I got rid of that mean headache I was sporting," his breath blew across my cheek, and without realizing it, I leaned into him.

Fuck.

"You wanna know what I did to get rid of it, Tess?"

Yes!

I shook my head, making him chuckle.

"You wanna know what I thought about?"

Fuck yes!

"Mmm-nnn," I croaked, shaking my head again.

I felt his lips curl into a smile against my ear. "I thought about the same thing I always think about..."

The taste of blood swept over my tongue as I loosened my teeth on my lip. I hadn't realized I was biting down so hard as Levi whispered to me.

"You want me to tell you, Tess? Hmmm, want me to tell you who I think about when I touch myself?" His words made my breathing hitch.

God, yes!

"No," I lied in a breathy whisper.

The rumble of his short laugh vibrated against me. "It's fine," he said, "I think you already know anyway."

With that, he was gone.

My eyes had shut sometime during our exchange. When they snapped open, I turned around just in time to see Levi bound up the stairs. It took a few minutes for my breathing and heart rate to return to normal.

That short little encounter messed with me in so many ways. There was a familiar ache between my thighs because of it. And I thought back to the last thing he said to me.

He didn't mean...

He couldn't have, right?

It's all just part of the game he's playing.

He only said it to mess with you.

Well, fuck. It worked. If I were keeping score, which I wasn't, I'd say I'm down by one at this point. Not good for me. I hate to lose, and this is one game where I refuse to be anything but the winner. 

A/N:

Phew! So, what do you all think? Was he just saying that to mess with Tessa, or was there some truth behind his words? Any guesses what the outcome of this little game between them will be? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. 

Also, I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween! 

I'll see everyone again Wednesday with another chapter.