[Dahyun x M Reader] Freaks (Part 1)

A/N: Welcome to what is my new favorite post to this book.

I don't usually get to write things in this style for this account, so this was a very fun departure. It's a spooky Halloween-themed story influenced by classic horror, Greek mythology, and a healthy dash of Game of Thrones. Things started out Hitchcockian, but at this point, calling it Hitchcockian would be a pretty funny joke.

This world is very storied and has a ridiculous amount of lore that I only scratch the surface of in this part. The main ship is [Dahyun x M Reader], but calling it just a Dahyun one-shot would be a disservice in multiple regards, I think. A lot of different k-idols are involved, including most members of TWICE.

I promise you, there is smut involved! This first part has a small piece of it, while the rest is going to be posted in the second part next week.

These parts alone aren't small enough storytelling divisions, so I've further broken them up into chapters. This week's update has the first three, while next week will have the last three. If you can't already tell, this story is long. Put together, it's longer than THE BET. This first part alone is almost 14,000 words, the size of 4 or 5 MANAGER chapters. How I churned this out whilst simultaneously writing the final arc of THE MANAGER is beyond me.

I'd also like to put a slight violence warning here. It's not too severe; probably about the level of, like, the Hunger Games series. There's a good deal of blood and a little bit of gore, but nothing a gutsy tween can't handle in terms of violence.

That's enough from me. Let's get into it.

CHAPTER I: THE HUNT

My life has been a mistake from the start.

I don't know where or when I was born. They say a vampire's memories aren't stored in their brains until they draw first blood.

The first thing I remember is being surrounded by bodies.

Nine bodies, all in a small, bare room. Most of them near the front door. Blood and claw marks streaked the walls. My lips tingled from the taste, like I had unlocked a glorious new drug.

I was hooked. I left that abandoned house and the bodies inside behind. I took dominion over a patch of woods to the north of a small town. When the game in the woods wasn't enough to satiate my thirst, I moved onto the village. I had no moral sense—only a desire to kill.

Then, one day, came a woman. She claimed to be the ghoul who lived in the mansion on the hill to the west, a place whose surrounding forests my instincts had told me to stay away from. She knew the proper distance to stay back, the right words to say. She was kind to me. Eventually, once my thirst was satiated, she took me in.