09

My eyes fluttered open, and I noticed how the left part of my body felt numb. I soon realized that Amara's body caused the numbness as she used her heavy weight to crush me. The people that think slim people are always light weighted should carry this girl and have a rethink.

Amara snored into my ear.

I shook her body. Once. Twice. Three good times. Yet, she didn't move.

"Amara. Get your heavy body away from me," I said, while failingly trying to push her legs. Her body didn't budge. Even the time I managed to get her legs away, she made sure to put them back.

I know she's not a light sleeper, but what is this?

Finally, when I resorted to beating her legs, her eyes opened, and she mouthed a sleepy "Good morning."

"Good morning my foot." I rolled my eyes. "Remind me never to sleep in the same bed with you next time, okay?"

She sat up while rubbing her eyes.

"You know I won't remind you so why do you even bother? You tell me this practically every Saturday morning." She ended her statement with a sly smile.

God help me with this girl.

"I sometimes wonder why I befriended you."

"It's because I'm so damn befriend-able."

I faked a sound of realization. "Oh, I think I now know why,: it's because I was so stupid. So dumb that I didn't know what I was getting myself into."

"And yet you still love and appreciate me."

"You said what?"

"Ask me one more time." She rolled her eyes and got up. "While you're trying to comprehend what I said, I'll be in the bathroom."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

When she left, last night's events came flashing through my mind. I knew how impossible it was to forget everything too soon. After all, I promised to make Daniel confess. How to do so, I didn't know.

I sighed, using my hands to protect my eyes from the violent, blinding rays of the sun. Right now, I didn't need the sun to assist my skin cells with Vitamin D. No. I needed more than that. The sun should give me ideas-creative ideas-which can help me make Daniel spill the beans of his feelings towards Amara.

I sometimes have stupid thoughts.

One Friday night with a lot of drama seemed to be what I needed to stress myself out. I won't have felt this obligated to do so if I hadn't made my best friend a promise.

The knock on my door brought me back to the reality of the present. Before I could answer, my sister's big head poked through the space she created. "Good moorning, Kaira."

Is it just me or is she grinning like a wild Cheshire cat?

"Good morning, creep."

She walked in fully, still clothed in her purple nightgown and dressed in smiles. "Guess what?"

"You know I'm-"

"Not good at guessing...yeah, I know. So I'll just go straight to the point."

"Okay?"

"What's with the attitude?"

"No, nothing." I shook my head.

"Mhm. Anyways, our parents are back."

I jolted from the bed and practically ran to meet Kosi. "Really? Are you serious? I hope you're not looking for my trouble."

"I'm not." She said while rolling her eyes, her hands on her hips.