Setting the Scene

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"One more push, Mrs Malfoy!"

Heaving, Narcissa Malfoy pushed once more. She focused on her husband, who was holding her hand and whispering reassuring words into her ear. After a few seconds of her final push, Lucius kissed her hand, a gleam in his eyes that she had not seen in many moons.

"You've done it, Narcissa! Congratulations, darling." he said in a calm yet celebratory manner, rubbing his wifes shoulders.

The blonde woman was somewhat dazed, and looked up to her nurse. The comfort of being in her own home helped, but she was completely overwhelmed with the knowledge what she had just done.

"Is... it a girl? Or a boy?" she panted, barely able to talk.

"She's a girl, Mrs Malfoy! Congratulations, madam!" the nurse said, handing the woman her baby. She had been cleaned, and was wrapped in a light green blanket.

The couples heart melted as the baby opened its deep blue eyes, looking up at her mother and father.

"Oh, Lucius, isn't she beautiful?" Narcissa smiled, a tear of joy rubbing down her cheek.

"She's perfect, dear. She's our daughter." Lucius said in response, as his daughters tiny hand grabbed his finger.

"The perfect heiress, is she not? Our little... Cassiopeia."

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Higher, Daddy! Higher!" the Malfoy girl commanded, as she sat on a broom on her fathers lap. He was ensuring her safety, just like he vowed to that January morning, three years before.

"Even higher? My, Cassiopeia, you're quite the daredevil." he chuckled, before launching them a few feet higher off the ground.

He listened to his daughter as she shrieked with joy, clapping her hands as they rose. Her loose hair matched his; waving behind her manically, the wind taking control of her white-blonde locks. The blue eyes, that were once deep and warm, were now light and piercing - and filled with excitement.

"That's enough for now, my darling. And don't tell your mother about this." Lucius grinned at his daughter as he put them back on the ground, before holding Cassiopeia against his hip. She returned his grin, and zipped her lips.

"Master? The Dark Lord is here to see you all." the family house-elf, Dobby, appeared out of nowhere besides the father and daughter. The man sighed, knowing that this would be about Narcissa's expected child.

"You're dismissed, Dobby. Thank you." Lucius said curtly, and the elf nodded before disappearing once more.

He was not adept to treating the elf with kindness, but Narcissa had made him swear that he would show no such behaviour around their toddler. They both wanted the Malfoy Heiress to appear as personable and warm as possible.

His daughter still on his hip, the Malfoy walked into the drawing room, where all of his meetings with the Death Eaters would occur.

Since Narcissa's recent pregnancy, these were becoming a more regular occurrence. This year had been incredibly tense, and all the Death Eaters were hungry to be victorious.

Therefore, Lucius had willingly offered the Dark Lord his house to hold meetings, and Cassiopeia had adapted fairly well to Lord Voldemort's visits.

He had a head of neat, dark brown waves, but he was no ordinary looking man. With red eyes and waxy skin, he had the appearance of a man who had good looks many years ago, yet his thirst for power beat his need to keep up appearances.