VII

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

SLYTHERIN QUIDDITCH TEAM
CAPTAIN - M. FLINT
1991

SEEKER
HIGGS, Terence

CHASERS
MALFOY, Cassiopeia
FLINT, Marcus
PUCEY, Adrian

KEEPER
BLETCHLEY, Miles

BEATERS
IVANOV, Asen
SALLOW, Alexander

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Salazar, Flint, what are you doing? The match is tomorrow!" Cassiopeia screeched as she watched her team captain, who had dropped the Quaffle that Pucey had thrown to him.

Despite being the only female player on the Slytherin team, perhaps the first in centuries, her lineage, reputation and talent for Quidditch put her at an advantage. Fearful of what the small but mighty girl could do to them, her team mates complied to her orders.

All but the team captain, Marcus Flint. Strangely, he didn't take very kindly to being bossed around by a thirteen year old girl.

"Shut it, Malfoy!" the boy barked back in response, prompting Cassiopeia to cock and eyebrow.

"Just giving words of encouragement!" she shouted back. Despite Slytherins all being rather close with one another, the almost familial relationship they had with one another often resulted in petty disputes between housemates.

Her fellow chasers had taken to ignoring her this session, so Cass sighed and mounted her broom - a rather expensive Firebolt - before taking the the sky above her.

Cassiopeia adored Quidditch, but it this was primarily because she adored flying. It was one of the few things the young girl could truly be honest about; the wind in her hair, the memories of her father flying her as a child.

Everyone on the team accepted that, despite being the physically weakest player, Cassiopeia was the strongest flyer. She was their secret weapon, in a sense, no matter how reluctant they were to properly utilise her.

They had all agreed that she would be the only person to not play dirty, as the other teams would call it. Instead, her small stature and speed would allow her to sneak through the players and score as many points as possible.

Hogwarts had been buzzing with the news that Harry Potter had been made seeker. Cassiopeia actually helped to spread the word, as Draco had told her immediately after he found out.

Marcus Flint seemed somewhat reassured by this news, as Harry was an incredibly skinny boy; he must've thought that a gust of wind would be enough to knock him off his broom, which he was willing to summon if it meant winning the house cup.

The Malfoy Heiress, however, was not so certain. Yes, Potter was small, but seekers aren't supposed to be 6'3 and bulky, like Terence Higgs.

Universally, wizards and witches had agreed that
the best seekers of all time were slight and speedy, and Harry was evidently skinny and widely rumoured to be masterful on a broom.

Merlin, even Draco could admit to his big sister that Harry Potter was a string flyer.

Due to her teams approach, the girl felt that a loss was inevitable; but she would be her best to score as many goals as humanly possible.