II

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Don't forget what I said, Cassiopeia. Befriend the boy." Lucius whispered into his daughters ear.

All four of the Malfoy's were now stood at Platform 9 3/4, arriving as the train did. The platform was relatively empty; the Malfoy's preferred to get their goodbyes out of the way, without being watched or judged by any other families.

"Of course, Father. I'll write to you about him." Cassiopeia replied, before turning to her mother, who was hugging Draco. Her arms were covered by a grey cloak that Lucius had insisted she'd wear, and of course, she obliged.

"Oh, look after Draco, Cassie. He's your little brother, after all." Narcissa said in a pitiful voice.

"Only if he doesn't get himself into any sort of situation. He can handle those himself." Cassiopeia drawled in a sarcastic voice.

"I'll be fine without Cassiopeia, Mother! I have Crabbe and Goyle." Draco whined, causing his sister to roll her eyes slightly.

"Right, we best get sat on the train. I expect everyone else will be arriving soon." Cassiopeia declared.

"Of course. Just one thing, the two of you." Lucius declared, and he looked at both of the children who stood before him.

"You're a part of the Malfoy family tree. Use your influence in the way that will be useful but unnoticed... I expect you to draw minimal negative attention to yourself, Draco. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Father." the two children chorused.

Narcissa made her way over to her daughter, checking Cassiopeia's roots. "Your hair should be fine for a while. Do not hesitate to ask to come home if it's... obvious. And don't tell anyone of her hair, Draco."

Draco's face screwed up. "Why not? It's funny." In truth, he never planned on it, as he somewhat looked up to his sister, but he never thought it to be a secret.

"Just... don't tell anyone. The last person who had dirty blonde hair in my family, well... that's a story for another day." Narcissa shook her head, before feigning a smile.

Cassiopeia turned her head, and spotted the Diggory boy. He was in her year and, despite thinking of him as somewhat insufferable, she spent most her time with him. She knew she'd spend the train journey with him.

After all, manipulation and self-preservation were vital to the Malfoy girl, and he was the person who prompted others to think that she wasn't the typical Slytherin girl.

"I think I best be off. I'll write to you both, love you! Come along, Draco." Cassiopeia gave her parents one last hug, before grabbing Draco's wrist and dragging him onto the train.

"Ow! Cass-" Draco complained as he waved goodbye to his mother.

"Waving? How informal, Dragon, you look ludicrous." Cass sighed as she dragged her brother into a lone compartment.

"I was just saying goodbye!" the boy protested.

"You'll see them at Yule. Write to them if you miss them." the girl shrugged, ever the cynic.

"What is it, Cassie? Goyle said he'd be arriving not long after us. I'd rather talk to him than you."

"Was that supposed to be an insult? Now, now, Draco, you'll get into Hufflepuff with a tongue like that. That's besides the point, I suppose. Okay, look, when I'm at home, you see me... more as I am. But when I'm here, due to Fathers advice, there's a striking difference. I'm awfully polite to mudbloods, Gryffindors, half-breeds, the lot. Some would think I'm friends with them. I advise you do the same."

Draco blinked. "What?"

"Please keep up, Draco. I'm rather popular but not because of who I am. I'm a Malfoy, and so are you, in case you forgot. People aren't going to like us by the very sound of our surnames, or the colour of our hair. It holds a lot of power. So, to get ahead for when he rises, Father told me in my first year to be nice to everyone. No stupid comments about anything. Coercion is a powerful tool, Draco. You should use it." Cassiopeia finished. She looked out on the platform, and more families were piling on.

"Why would I do that? They'll all find out who you are anyway." Draco argued.

"Merlin, can't you just make things easy? I'm under a lot of stress, Draco, the last thing I need is you defying me! Actually, wait..." she paused, immersed in her thoughts.

"I agree with you, actually. Be yourself. That way, you'll be happy and will make me look better, which could help to keep more people close. Yes, okay, that's the plan. Be yourself, Draco. But don't dare to tell anyone who I really am. Okay? Father would be rather upset if that happened." Cassiopeia nodded.

"Alright. I suppose I'll see you around, then?" the young Malfoy said as his sister went to leave.

"Of course. Love you, Dragon." she smiled genuinely at the first year boy.

"Love you too. Oh, and Cass? Um... What if I don't get into Slytherin?"

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes at this. "You're a Malfoy, Draco. Like it or not, you're a Slytherin by blood. Bye!"

Her cloak dancing behind her as she strut through the train, Cassiopeia couldn't help but smile.

This year would be her year.

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧