X

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Evening, Harry! How was your... Christmas?" Cassiopeia asked the short first year boy, who she had almost walked into.

Term had started up again two days ago, and Cassiopeia had tasked herself with getting as close as possible to Potter. According to Draco, he had taken to whispering in the library with the Weasley boy and the mudblood girl, and Cassiopeia knew something was wrong.

And so, here she stood; after spotting him as he walked through the hallways of the castle, she accidentally bumped into the young wizard.

"It was good, thanks Cassie. Probably the best one I've had." Harry answered, smiling slightly.

Cassiopeia frowned. "And you spent it here, correct? At Hogwarts?"

The half-blood nodded. Cassiopeia fell silent, unsure of what to say. That was his best Christmas? Merlin, she knew the muggle world was miserable, but how deprived was this boy without magic?

"Well, I'm glad it was good. Who did you spend your time with?" she pressed.

"Ron and his brothers. They're really funny, the twins." Harry smiled to himself.

"Fred and George? Oh, they're great, you know I'm friends with them. We share a few classes, and they're always up for a laugh. I'm rather fond of them." Cassiopeia said quickly, and she never noticed that she was being more honest than she intended.

"They really like you, always saying you're the best person to ever go into Slytherin. They said Andie is nice, too. I see you with her quite a bit." Harry said.

Cassiopeia smiled, before realising they were approaching the library. "Well, she's my best- Harry, love, where are you going?"

"I- I was just following you. Where are you going?" Harry stammered.

Cocking a brow, Cass shrugged. "I don't have anything to do, honestly. I was just enjoying your company... is that Ronald and... what's her name, Granger?"

The Slytherin pointed at the two young students who were sat at a table, bickering quietly. It more gave the impression that they were debating out of passion than annoyance, which admittedly was quite sweet.

Even if it was a pureblood and a mudblood.

"Hermione, Hermione Granger.  Yeah, um, I didn't know they'd be there... can we go and say hi?" Harry looked like a deer in headlights, and it was clear to Cassiopeia that there was indeed something occurring.

"Of course! You have free will, Harry, you don't need to ask me these things." the third-year girl said sweetly.

Harry nodded, and the two approached the duo; who were clearly caught off guard by the Malfoy's presence.

"So, Ha- oh, Cassiopeia! Evening." Hermione started.

"Hello Hermione, Ronald. Are you both okay?" Cass smiled, playing dumb.

Ron nodded, eager for the girl to leave. "Yep, all is fine. Could we keep Harry from you for a bit?"

"Of course! Now that I think about it, I have Defence work that's due in next week. I'll sit over there, come and talk to me if you need any help with work." the blonde girl beamed, before turning her back and letting her smile drop.