VIII

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"I'll be seeing you on the 26th, then?" Mini said as the three Slytherin third-year girls made their way to the train. The festive season had already approached, and the majority of Hogwarts students were making their way back home.

"Yeah, it's at my house again. Have a great Yule!" Cassiopeia wrapped her roommate into a large hug, with Andie slowly joining in.

On Boxing Day, it had become tradition for one of the many powerful pureblooded to throw a ball - though the evening was more focused on socialising than dancing. This year, the Malfoy's were hosting.

The Yule festivities were extremely formal and upheld the traditions that the Malfoy family prided themselves on for following. Where Christmas day was focused on gifts, families and feasts, Yule lacked anything that resembled the same sort of warmth or spirit.

No, the 25th of December was a day where every person would receive a singular gift from one member of their family, usually in silence after breakfast.

Extended family would then come to visit, and since the murder of mudbloods had become frowned upon, Cassiopeia's family had resorted to kneeling before their family tree and thanking their ancestors for their plight, before a conversation ignited about mudbloods and the inherent injustice against them, the purebloods.

After this, it was tradition for portraits to be painted of the family - one of each individual, as well as the two parents, siblings and finally, the whole family picture. Cassiopeia, perhaps somewhat arrogantly, rather enjoyed this part of the day, as she always looked good on Yule.

She thought to herself that families like the Weasleys must be incredibly grateful for celebrating Christmas instead, for their families were too large to hang the portraits every year, and far too poor to pay any decent artist for their labour.

As Mini made her way onto the train, Cassiopeia couldn't help but notice Cedric Diggory and his cult following as they emerged on the platform. Reluctant but knowing at what her father would want her to do, the blonde turned to her ginger friend.

"I'm going to have to sit with Diggory, Ands. Will you cope by yourself?" she asked. Andie sighed, but nodded.

"Yes, yes, I'll be fine. I'll go sit with the Warringtons. Maybe I'll find Draco and ensure he's not causing too much trouble." she said before slowly pulling her friend into a hug, who laughed softly.

"I'll see you on the 26th, then?" Cassiopeia said as she wrapped her hands around the Greengrass girls waist.

"See you then. Love you, Cassie."

"Love you too!"

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Well, Flint is borderline incompetent- no offence, Cassiopeia." one of Diggory's friends, a tall half-blood boy, stated.

The Malfoy bit her tongue, managing to say "None taken.". She may not have been a fan of her Quidditch Captain, but he was a Slytherin all the same.

"Well, you got a rotten deal when you played against Gryffindor last month, Cass, you must admit." Cedric, who was sat on Cassiopeia left, said simply.