XII

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Terence Higgs has the snitch! Slytherin win!" Lee Jordan's voice boomed, and the Slytherin stand burst into cheers and applause whereas the Hufflepuffs stood; conscious that they should be good sports, but entirely reluctant of this fact.

Cassiopeia, who was nearby Adrian Pucey, cheered loudly and raced her broom around the pitch, excitement rushing through her veins.

After their last match (the loss against Gryffindor), the Ravenclaws had defeated the Gryffindor team and the Gryffindors had a narrow win against the Hufflepuffs.

This meant that their next match, which would likely be more than a month away, was against Ravenclaws to decide who would win the Quidditch Cup.

And Cassiopeia was certain that, with the right amount of practice and planning, they could win. They had to; they had won the majority of the cups for the past few decades, and this year should be no different.

"Lads, gather round!" Flint roared over the cheers, and the team made their way over to the captain, breaking away from their celebrations.

"Alright, well done, this is exactly where we want to be. Ravenclaws are alright players, but they're incredibly predictable. So, with good practice, we're likely to win." he started, and the team all looked at one another with hungry eyes.

"We need a new schedule that'll include more practices throughout the week. Who wants to make that?" Flint continued, and everyone's eyes fell to Cassiopeia.

"What?" she asked harshly.

Flint looked around dumbly, and shrugged his shoulders. "You are the most organised person here."

"I'm really not." Cassiopeia snorted.

"Well, I think we've all agreed it should be you. My dads always said to leave planning stuff to women, so-" the team captain started, but he quickly fell silent when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"I do hope you're thinking about what you say, Marcus. Your father would be most enthralled to talk with me about your mistreatment of my daughter." the cool yet authoritative voice spoke.

Cassiopeia beamed at the sight of the man. "Oh, Father!" she declared, running to his side and hugging him tightly.

"Congratulations, Cassiopeia! Very well done. Now, is Marcus here giving you grief?" Lucius asked, his hand still resting on the boys shoulder.

The rest of the team watched with bated breath, as did a myriad of onlookers. Looking around, Cassiopeia saw that Andie, Mini, Potter, all the Weasleys, their mudblood friend, Diggory, Josette and Draco had flooded the pitch to congratulate the Slytherins and extend their sympathises to the Ravenclaws.

Practically the whole school, and the vast majority of the staff members, were watching the exchange between the two Malfoy's and Flint.

Cassiopeia thought to herself quickly. 'If I say yes, then people may think I'm hiding behind my father, and that may show my true alignments. However, if I say there's no issue, people will say I'm permitting for sexist attitudes to prevail in Slytherin house; either way, I don't look good.'