XV

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Cedric, I think we should talk."

The Hufflepuff boy, who was sat in the library with a friend of his, turned his head and Cassiopeia watched as his pupils shrank in fear.

"Cassie! Yes, of course. Where do you want to go?" he asked, and the girl resisted the urge to snap at him for his awkwardness.

"Oh, we can just find a quiet spot in here. It won't be a long conversation." she shrugged, before spinning on her heel and walking throughout the library.

The footsteps that followed hers could be heard almost instantly from behind her, slowing slightly as they neared the fourteen-year-old girl.

Cassiopeia, upon reaching a quiet area of the library, turned on her heel to face the Hufflepuff, her expression unreadable.

"Cass, I just- I'm so, so sorry. I know I put you on the spot, and now it's evident that you don't feel the same, it was... I dunno, a build up of emotions pouring out, I guess? Again, I'm really so-" the boy started stammering the moment his eyes met the Slytherins.

"It's fine, Cedric. I mean, it's a learning curve, isn't it? You'll grow from this, as will I. Just wanted to clear the air." she said calmly.

"Yes! Of course, clear the air. We need to do that. I don't want to, you know, not be friends with you, but I understand that you need time. I don't mind waiting for our walks to start again." Cedric spoke at a rapid pace, and Cassiopeia had to listen closely to understand what he was saying.

"I think you also need time, Ced. I don't want to go back to being friends with you if you're not over me. You need space just as much as I do."

Of course, the Malfoy couldn't care less for his presence in her life and would likely be happier without it. However, he was still a well-liked, respectable figure. It wouldn't be wise to build up resentment with one of the most affluent students at Hogwarts.

"Yeah, you're right. You're always right, Cassie, it's honestly quite impressive." the boy beamed at her and, for the first time in the conversation, Cassiopeia managed to smile back at him.

Nodding slightly, Cassiopeia went to walk off, however she could feel the Diggory boys amber eyes burning into the back of her skull, and therefore turned around to meet his gaze.

"I'll see you later, then?" she asked, beaming.

Blinking, Cedric managed to say "Later is good.".

And with that, the Slytherin girl had left the library, and her voice could be heard not a moment later, greeting a classmate. Cedric basked in the noise, for her knew he'd now only hear it in classrooms and corridors.

'Oh well. Maybe in the next life.'

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Will your brother try out for the team next year, Cass?"

Sat on her leather throne by the roaring fireplace, the Slytherin Princess looked up from her book - 'Ulysses' - at the rather nervous boy who was towering over her.