III

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Slytherin!" the hat declared before it touched Draco's head, and Cassiopeia was the first to stand up and applaud her little brother as he made his way towards the table.

"Well done, Draco!" the third-year greeted the first, as she split from her best friend to meet him.

"It was my fate, Cassie, like you said! Oh... and I need to talk to you about Potter. Y'know how we all thought he'd be? He's... the opposite. Friends with a Weasley." Draco's voice turned to a whisper. Cassiopeia looked over the small crowd, before spotting him.

"Merlin, my work'll be cut out for me this year. Can't say I'm surprised, though. Thanks, Draco, and congratulations!" the witch gave her brother a small hug, and made her way back to Andie.

"How's Draco?" Cassiopeia's best friend, Elizabeth Andie Greengrass, asked.

"He's relieved, I think. Can't blame him." the blonde responded.

Elizabeth - or Andie, as Cassiopeia called her - had been friends with the Malfoy girl long before they started at Hogwarts. The redhead was the only student at school who knew Cass for who she really is.

Not only did she agree to keep her true motives a secret, however, Andie joined Cass in her attempt to make their side look more appealing. The two were often seen together in groups with mudbloods, half-breeds and students from other houses.

They were determined to take down the Slytherin stereotypes together, in order to be the most Slytherin possible.

Although many would believe that other students in their house would challenge them on their seeming acceptable, that couldn't be further from the truth. After all, these were two intelligent, attractive girls with the most powerful families in the Wizarding world.

Why would any of their fellow classmates challenge them?

"Oh! Um... Harry Potter?" Professor McGonagall croaked out, and whispers erupted throughout the Great Hall.

"Piss off, is he joining this year?" Andie whispered to Cassiopeia, who smiled widely.

"It certainly seems that way." she said vaguely. Andie cocked an eyebrow, but thought nothing of it. The Malfoy Heiress was always up to something, and she had learned to not question it.

Everyone watched as the bony, Desi boy with poorly maintained wavy hair and bright green eyes scanned the hall. He played with his hands as the hat was placed on his head, and his nerves were painted on his face for all to see.

His eyes landed on Cassiopeia, who gave him a smile and a thumbs up. He noticeably relaxed, and she watched him, unaware of Dumbledore, who was eyeing her curiously.

After a minute of the hat debating with itself, Cassiopeia heard the words she was scared of.

"Better be... GRYFFINDOR!"

*:・゚✧*:・゚

As the feast ended, Cassiopeia leaned across to Andie, whispering in her ear.

"Look, this is to stay between us, but I've been tasked with... overseeing the Potter boy by Father, even if he has been sorted into Gryffindor. I'll meet you later and explain, okay? Try and find Draco, tell him you're aware of what I'm doing."