⚡️ Chapter 6 ⚡️

Vega was asleep only for a few moments, or so it seemed to her due to the lack of nightmares, she was awakened by what sounded eerily similar to a cannon fire as the door burst open. She flinched and pushed herself to sit up, watching a frenzy in the dark as Harry jumped awake and someone pulled the curtain back with a sharp rasp – the dazzling sunlight hit Vega's eyes rather harshly and she felt disorientated, her body tensing up in fear.

"We didn't know you were here already!" said a loud and excited voice, and Vega recognised that it was only Ron, and she tried to calm herself down as she finally noticed him by Harry's bed, thumping him over the head while he looked for his glass.

But Ron wasn't the only one who had come bursting into the room – Hermione was there, too, and she spoke reproachfully, "Ron, don't hit him!" before turning to look at Vega. "Good morning, Vega, did you have a good sleep last night?"

"Yes, thank you," Vega mumbled, rubbing her face as her heartbeat decreased back to normal and she let out a sigh as she sat up properly. "Good to see you,"

"That's great," Ron said, who could not stop grinning at Vega or Harry. "All right?"

"Never been better," Harry replied, rubbing the top of his head and slumping back onto his pillows as he, too, got aware of his senses. "You?"

"Not bad," Ron responded, pulling over a cardboard box and sitting on it so he could face both of them. "When did you get here? Mum's only just told us!"

"We came by around one o'clock this morning," Vega informed them, fixing her unruly hair as she tried to smile at them. "It was quite unexpected for your Mum, too,"

"That's late!" Hermione said as she perched herself on the edge of Vega's bed where Crookshanks was cleaning his face casually. "Oh, Crookshanks' here? I was wondering where he went!"

"He was one of the first to greet me," Vega said fondly, reaching out to stroke his head. "I always miss Aerglo whenever I see him,"

"Were the Muggles all right?" Ron asked Harry. "Did they treat you okay?"

"Same as usual," Harry replied. "They didn't talk to me much, but I like it better that way," He looked over to the girls. "How're you, Hermione?"

"Oh, I'm fine," Hermione answered, and it seemed like this reply reminded her of something because she was suddenly scrutinising Vega and Harry as though they were sickening for something.

It was, however, also quick to dawn on Vega that she knew the meaning behind this – Sirius's passing. But she did not have the heart to talk about that, and she felt like Harry had talked a bit too much of his feelings with Dumbledore last night so she decided that it would be better to not pick this subject so early in the morning.

"Hey, what time is it now?" Vega asked. "Is it time for breakfast? I should go down and help Mrs. Weasley out with the food," She pulled the blanket aside and swung her feet around to set them on the cool wood flooring.

"Don't worry about that, Mum's bringing you up a tray; she reckons you both look underfed," Ron said, rolling his eyes. "Just stay put here, Vega. So, what's been going on?"

"Nothing much, I've just been stuck at my aunt and uncle's, haven't I?" Harry responded, and he looked toward Vega. "Same with Vega, right,"

"Yeah," Vega agreed, playing with her ring and waiting for them to look away from her so she could give it a kiss. "But not quite... stuck,"

"Come off it!" Ron exclaimed, looking at them owlishly. "You've been off with Dumbledore!"

"It wasn't that exciting," Harry replied, sharing a bewildered look with Vega. "He just wanted us to help him persuade this old teacher to come out of retirement,"