⚡️ Chapter 29 ⚡️

The rest of the night went by a blur, and there was nothing much that Vega or Harry could do but mutter to themselves in quick whispers or giving knowing looks as they re-joined the Slug Club party. But when Vega saw that Hermione had departed from the party, and tired of the interest that McLaggen, Zabini and Sanguini were giving her, Vega ended up deciding that she needed to leave and go talk to Hermione about what they had seen.

"He's an eye for pretty dark-haired girls," Worple told her, trying to keep an eye on his 'Blood Brother', and Vega was suspicious that he felt like she would be flattered by the attention like some impressionable young girls but she was far from it.

"I'm going to bed, good night, Harry, see you in the morning," Vega told Harry, and before he could even respond to her, she had left the room, holding her dress up as she made a quick getaway to her dormitory before she could be intercepted.

All of her dormmates had long gone to sleep and Vega figured that she would tell Hermione about everything the following morning – or with Harry.

But as the morning came around, so did the hectic nature of the students who were leaving for their homes, including Vega and Hermione to their homes while Harry and Ron to the Burrow. Vega had barely had time to wish Hermione a happy Christmas and to tell her that she had some very important news when they got back from the holidays.

Vega was not entirely sure that Hermione had heard her, though; Ron and Lavender had been saying a thoroughly nonverbal good-bye just behind them at the time.

"I'll meet you guys in a week, I suppose, right before Christmas," Vega told Harry and Ron. "Aunt Dromeda allowed me to stay over since everyone's too busy to celebrate at our home,"

However, that day came far quicker than even Vega expected.

Everyone was busy at the Tonks Household – Dora was off to long shifts at her work as an Auror due to Rufus Scrimageor's crack down and Ted was busy with paper work as new offices were being set up to help out with the hunt for Voldemort. Andromeda seemed to think it was a bit too candid to be going around Vega, who was – of course – the centre piece of the entire issue, and allowed the girl to head to the Burrow to be with her friends.

It wasn't that Vega wasn't looking forward to seeing her friends again, and Fred (who was to arrive at the Burrow on the second day of their vacations), but she wished she got to see her cousin a bit more – she had very much missed Dora the past few months.

Andromeda took Vega along by Apparation, informing her to start learning now that she was seventeen and could do magic outside the school.

Right before they Apparated, Vega used her ring to single to Fred that she was coming, and she grinned when she saw him waiting on his house's threshold, waiting for her to arrive just a second or two later – she had missed that face a lot.

"You must answer the security questions first," Andromeda reminded the girl, stopping her from walking forward and into Fred's arms. "Ask him,"

"Um..." Vega said as she turned to look back at Fred. "What's... my favourite ice cream flavour?"

"The one and only – red velvet," Fred replied, laughing as Vega's cheeks turned pink. "What did I smell in Amortentia that was yours?"

"Strawberries," Vega whispered.

Vega looked toward Andromeda, who nodded in confirmation and Apparated away, allowing Vega to run forward in the snow to meet with her boyfriend, who caught her around her waist to spin her around before pressing an eager kiss against her lips as he set her back down onto her feet, wrapping his arms tightly around her smaller body.