⚡️ Chapter 46 ⚡️

The following fortnight saw the best Quidditch practices that they had this school year. Everyone was so pleased to be rid of McLaggen, so glad to have Katie back at last, that they were flying extremely well. Vega, in particular, felt that it was only the best for McLaggen to not come and show his face at the field because she might've done something – certainly, she had not gotten over the humiliation of being knocked out by her own teammate.

On the other hand, Ginny did not seem at all upset about the breakup with Dean; on the contrary, she was the life and soul of the team. Her imitations of Ron anxiously bobbing up and down in front of the goal posts as the Quaffle sped toward him, or of Harry bellowing orders at McLaggen before being knocked out cold, kept them all highly amused.

"You're going to get a concession at this rate, Harry," Vega commented with a smirk as she reached up to walk with him to the castle, with Ron tasked to clean up today and the others heading off together in front of the two Sixth-Years.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, and Vega knew that he was clearly trying to throw her off his case by feigning ignorance to her smirk.

"You're feeling something-something for good old Ginny, aren't you?" Vega responded and she grinned as Harry spluttered in shock at the accusation.

"What?" Harry said. "No!"

"Oh, come on," Vega retorted. "You think I wouldn't find out? You're always looking at Ginny – and it's not only on the ground but also in the air. Why else you rarely catch the Snitch and get a couple Bludgers to the head instead?"

"Am I... that obvious?" Harry asked.

"Well," Vega said. "With always laughing so hard at Ginny's jokes, walking back and forth practice with her and looking at her every other second, I think you're pretty obvious. But don't worry, it's only obvious to me," She gave him a thumbs-up.

For a moment, Harry was quiet and then looked at her, "What do you think Ron will think?"

"If he finds out that you've got feelings for his sister?" Vega asked. "Well... from what I saw of his reaction with Dean kissing Ginny, I don't think he'll be very happy but... I also think that if you've shown him that you're not an idiot, I don't think he'll mind,"

"Well, you're dating Fred, what will he think?" Harry asked.

"He doesn't really mind, to be fair," Vega replied. "Fred's always been open that he doesn't care who his siblings date as long as they're not... horrible. And you're not horrible, are you? Maybe try taking it slow in front of him, maybe ask her to spend some time together first,"

"Can't do that with Slughorn no longer hosting his parties," Harry muttered. "At least I would've gotten spend time with Ginny there without Ron keeping an eye,"

"Yeah..." Vega replied. "Well, my suggestion is to first ask Ginny out and not put that below asking her brother for permission. She's her own person and wouldn't really be keen that you have to affirm your feelings with Ron before you even ask her for her feelings – it is the matter of feelings between you and Ginny, and while Ron's are very important, too, they do come secondary in this instance. I'm sure Ron would approve anyway..."

"You know..." Harry spoke up after a pause. "Ginny's becoming like you – I mean, she's very popular and everyone's keen on being her friend or more... I can't imagine how Fred mustered the courage to ask you out... but I suppose he's got confidence..."

"What makes you think Fred asked me out first?" Vega asked, her eyebrows raised and Harry looked at her in surprise. "I can be very assertive with my feelings, and you need to do the same. Feelings are the best when they encourage you to be confident,"