⚡️ Chapter 11 ⚡️

Surprisingly, their departure to Hogwarts the following morning was smoother than usual. Vega, having dressed first, saw the Ministry cars glide up to the front of the Burrow and by the time the rest of the kids got themselves together, Vega had helped the elders with getting all the packed trunks, cages hosting Aquila, Hedwig, Pigwidgeon and Ginny's new purple Pygmy Puff, Arnold as well as Crookshanks with his travelling basket in the cars.

And for one last look around the house, Vega had dashed from room to room to that contained teenagers to make sure that they hadn't forgotten anything given that a majority of them were very unruly with their packing and were also the ones to pack up their stuff at the very last moment – and as expected, they had each forgotten something.

"Ginny, you almost missed your telescope," Vega said, handing it out to the redhead. "And Harry, you forgot your Quidditch gloves – Ron! Your textbook!"

"Thanks, Vega," Ginny replied, gratefully.

"Au revoir, 'Arry," Fleur said throatily, kissing him goodbye. "Au revoir, Vega!" She turned to give – fortunately – only a hug in front of others.

"Au revoir," Vega responded. "See you, take care,"

Ron hurried forward, looking hopeful, but Ginny stuck out her foot and Ron fell, sprawling in the dust at Fleur's feet. Furious, red-faced, and dirt-spattered, he hurried into the car without saying good-bye. Vega shook her head at their antics.

The journey to the King's Cross Station was fairly uneventful.

There was no cheerful Hagrid waiting for them at King's Cross Station. Instead, two grim-faced, bearded Aurors in dark Muggle suits moved forward the moment the cars stopped and, flanking the party, marched them into the station without speaking.

"Quick, quick, through the barrier," Mrs. Weasley said, who seemed a little flustered by this austere efficiency. "Vega and Harry had better go first, with –"

Mrs. Weasley looked inquiringly at one of the Aurors, who nodded briefly, seized Harry's upper arm, and attempted to steer him toward the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Vega, who had no desires to be touched, hurried forward without being prompted and was grateful when she missed the grasp of the second Auror from inches.

"I can walk, thanks," Harry said irritably, jerking his arm out of the Auror's grip as he hurried to join Vega in the front, away from the Auror.

Vega and Harry pushed their trolleys directly at the solid barrier, ignoring their silent companion, and found themselves, a second later, standing on platform nine and three-quarters, where the scarlet Hogwarts Express stood belching steam over the crowd.

"Finally..." Vega breathed, and she looked around the station, hoping to catch sight of Dora if she had been stationed here somewhere.

Hermione and the Weasleys joined the two of them within seconds. Without waiting to consult their grim-faced Auror, Harry motioned to Vega, Ron and Hermione to follow him up the platform, looking for an empty compartment.

"We can't, Harry, Vega," Hermione said, looking apologetic. "Ron and I've got to go to the prefects' carriage first and then patrol the corridors for a bit,"

"Oh yeah, I forgot," Harry said.

"You'd better get straight on the train, all of you, you've only got a few minutes to go," Mrs. Weasley said, consulting her watch. "Well, have a lovely term, Ron..."

"Mr. Weasley, can I have a quick word?" Harry asked.

"Of course," Mr. Weasley said, who looked slightly surprised, but followed Harry out of earshot of the others nevertheless.