⚡️ Chapter 16 ⚡️

Light breeze fluttered through Vega's short dark hair as she continued to make her way up the grounds to the large oak doors, and by the time she had entered the Entrance Hall, they were back to their actual length down her back, swaying as she descended the stairs that took her to the familiar yet vastly unfriendly dungeons for double Potions.

The Care of Magical Creatures classwork and homework had been completed in that hour, and she was sure that they would only have an essay as homework for Potions – unless Slughorn tried to act chummy with them all gave them an easy time first day back.

It was silent in the Potions classroom and as Vega tentatively stepped inside, her head moved around until she finally noticed Professor Slughorn in one corner.

"Excuse me, good afternoon, Professor," Vega greeted as she straightened her back properly and trying to smile normally as she headed to her usual place. "I suppose I am early...?"

"Very early!" Slughorn replied as he turned to face her. "Not to say that I'm disappointed to see you – the bell hasn't rung yet so the students must still be on their way," Vega nodded. "But I'm surprised... I was sure you had taken a lot of subjects,"

"Yes... but I got finished earlier with Care for Magical Creatures," Vega answered. "And decided not to waste any time and come right here,"

"Of course, of course," Slughorn said. "There's nothing but praise about you in the staff room! It's been a long while since I've heard something like that – it may come as a surprise to you but it's very rare, even in a career as long as mine!"

It was very close to Vega that he was tried to praise his way into her good side, which she didn't feel like was necessary, but it seemed like he wanted to continue to invite her into that Slug Club of his. She just nodded with a polite smile and busied herself with putting her stuff down on her usual table and was about to settle down to wait when –

"Oh, Vega, could you help this old man out a little?" Slughorn asked, and Vega turned her head to see that he was setting a cauldron on the table.

"Yes?" Vega asked, moving back out of the seat to walk over quietly, glancing around the room. "What would you like me to do...?"

"I'm going to put it down so be my eyes and let me know if it is on the stand," Slughorn said and Vega nodded, watching him levitate the cauldron toward the stand.

As Vega guided it to the stand, she noticed that the contents looked almost like water – clear, colourless and odourless... and tasteless because she could see that it was clearly just Veritaserum. She looked over to Slughorn as he lowered his wand.

"Is today's topic Veritaserum?" Vega asked keenly, and she watched in surprise as Slughorn looked at her abruptly, and then he beamed at her.

"Of course, of course, what else could I have expected?" Slughorn responded. "You're a sharp tool, aren't you? Have you already memorised how Potions look?"

"More or less..." Vega replied, holding tightly on the back of the chair in front of her as she stared at the cauldron with interest. "I like making Potions,"

"In that case, what do you think about this Potion?" Slughorn asked as he happily bounded over to the next cauldron. "Surely, this is a new sight for you!"

"Hm?" Vega said as she looked down at the familiar liquid – thick, like dark mud and bubbling. She had made that in her Second-Year. "That is... the Polyjuice Potion, isn't it?"

"Yes!" Slughorn exclaimed, making Vega jump and she bit her lower lip, feeling like heh was beaming so much that he might just explode. "What about this?"