⚡️ Chapter 47 ⚡️

Vega smiled widely as Ginny passed her a bottle of butterbeer, the tall girl standing by the windows as she watched the entire Gryffindor common room cheer and celebrate the final win that they had scored against Ravenclaw. Ron was swinging the silver cup around while Ginny was hanging on her arm, laughing at something Hermione had said – they had made up.

Just as Vega had started to wonder where Harry was left behind, the portrait of the Fat Lady swung back to allow someone in – and that someone was Harry, who looked shocked at the triumphant roars of celebration that were going on around them.

Harry gaped as people began to scream at the sight of him; several hands pulled him into the room. Vega laughed as she waved over to the shocked boy.

"We won!" Ron yelled, bounding over to his best friend and brandishing the silver Cup at Harry. "We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!"

All of a sudden, Vega felt Ginny leave her side, and to the surprise of the older female – as well as everyone else – Ginny threw her arms around Harry... and Harry, not caring where or what was going on around them or who was present, kissed her.

Even though this was something that Vega knew was going to come for the pair of them, she was still surprised – mostly because of how it came about on them. That still didn't stop Vega from grinning widely as she looked at the two of them.

It took a while for them to break apart and by that time, the room had gone very quiet.

Then several people wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. Vega looked over towards Dean Thomas, who was holding a shattered glass in his hand, and Romilda Vane looking as though she might throw something.

Hermione was beaming and Vega looked past the brunette at Ron, who was still clutching the Cup and wearing an expression appropriate to having been clubbed over the head. Well, Vega couldn't quite blame him for that. But his eyes were on Harry, who was looking right back at him over Ginny.

For a fraction of a second, the two best friends looked at each other, then Ron gave a tiny jerk of the head that they understood to mean, Well – if you must.

Vega watched as a grin appeared onto Harry's face as he gestured Ginny out of the common room and the two hurriedly left.

Things only bloomed between Harry and Ginny as the days went on.

"You'd think people had better things to gossip about," Ginny said, as she sat on the common room floor, leaning against Harry's legs and reading the Daily Prophet. "Three dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a hippogriff tattooed across your chest,"

All Vega, Ron and Hermione roared with laughter at the idea but Harry ignored all three of them as he asked Ginny, "What did you tell her?"

"I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail," Ginny said, turning a page of the newspaper idly and Vega grinned at the thought of that. "Much more macho,"

"Thanks," Harry said, grinning. "And what did you tell her Ron's got?"

"A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where," Ginny said. Ron scowled as Hermione rolled around laughing and Vega stifled her own at Ron's expression.

"Watch it," Ron said, pointing warningly at Harry and Ginny. "Just because I've given my permission doesn't mean I can't withdraw it —"

"'Your permission,'" Ginny scoffed. "Since when did you give me permission to do anything? Anyway, you said yourself you'd rather it was Harry than Michael or Dean,"

"Yeah, I would," Ron said grudgingly. "And just as long as you don't start snogging each other in public –"

"You filthy hypocrite!" Ron reponded. "What about you and Lavender, thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place?"