⚡️ Chapter 15 ⚡️

Vega finished with some portions of her homework fairly quickly, and she borrowed some more books from the library to help with the essay that she needed to write later that night. It was almost a shame to leave the utterly quiet library – very few students were there during break on the first day back – and back to meet with her friends in the Great Hall so she could finish up everything.

"Don't you have one of your twelve-hundred classes right now?" Ron asked when Vega joined them and she gave him a look, blowing air out of her nose.

"I only have a few breaks open, let me enjoy," Vega responded. "Besides... I want to finish with the Defence Against the Dark Arts' homework so let's sit down somewhere,"

"Harry! Vega! Hey!"

Vega and Harry turned around, a bit concerned, and found Jack Sloper, one of the Beaters on last year's Gryffindor Quidditch team, hurrying right toward the pair of them while holding a roll of parchment. She and Harry shared a look.

"For you two," Sloper panted as he held it out and Vega took it from him. "Listen, Harry, I heard you're the new Captain. When are you holding trials?"

"I'm not sure yet," Harry replied. "I'll let you know,"

When Vega looked down at the parchment, she recognised the thin, slanting writing on the parchment. She pointed it out to Harry – leaving Sloper in mid-sentence, the two of them hurried away with Ron and Hermione, with Vega unrolling the parchment as they went. It read:

Dear Harry and Vega,

I would like to start our private lessons this Saturday. Kindly come along to my office at 8 P.M. I hope you are enjoying your first day back at school.

Yours sincerely, Albus Dumbledore

P.S. I enjoy Acid Pops.

"He enjoys Acid Pops?" Ron asked, who had read the message over Vega's shoulder and was looking perplexed at the message that Dumbledore had sent.

"Isn't it obvious?" Vega replied quietly. "It's the password to get past the gargoyle outside his study," She moved the letter closer to Harry and Hermione to let them read it.

"Ha!" Harry exclaimed triumphantly as Vega rolled the parchment back up and put it away into her bag before it got around to someone else's eyes or ears. "Snape's not going to be pleased... I won't be able to do his detention!"

"We should sit down," Vega said, who wasn't in the mood to stand in the courtyard as her friends seemed to have done in the last half an hour.

The four of them made their way to a corner away from others and settled down so Vega could have somewhere to write and she listened into the conversation as Harry, Ron, and Hermione spent the rest of the break speculating on what Dumbledore would teach Vega and Harry. Vega was interested in discussing but she felt like she could just wait for it.

Ron thought it most likely to be spectacular jinxes and hexes of the type the Death Eaters would not know. Hermione said such things were illegal, and thought it much more likely that Dumbledore wanted to teach Vega and Harry advanced Defensive magic.

Once the break was over, Hermione headed off towards their Arithmancy class and Vega off to her Muggle Studies class while Harry and Ron returned to the common room where they were to start on their Defence Against the Dark Arts homework, wanting to take Vega's homework along.

"If you had asked for help during break, I would've helped," Vega told them, putting away her finished homework. "You'll find most of the answers in the textbook anyway,"