White Cap Bay

Jackie's POV

We arrived at White Cap Bay and rowed to shore. I kept Coralia close as we reached the shore. It's night time. The men start to lay out nets in the shallows. "Lay them out flat, no tangles. Make them look pretty for our dainty guests" Blackbeard orders the men. He then looks up at an old light house. "We're gonna need light, a lot of light" he states.

"Come" he orders. Jack, Coralia, Angelica, some of Blackbeard's men and I follow him to the light house. We climbed the stairs to the top. Where I notice a lone row boat with some men in it. I realize, they're being used as bait.

"This isn't right" Coralia says.

"I know, but there's nothing we can do" I tell her. "What's that smell?" I ask wrinkling my nose.

"Whale oil, burns like a miracle from god" a man answers. Pointing to the tank above him.

"Can you make it work?" Blackbeard asks him.

"Made by the English, lets not get our hopes up" the man tells him. He with another man's help turn the light. So that when they got it working, it'd shine down on the lone row boat. Jack, Coralia and I go look at the moon.

"The old moon, in the arms of the new one" Angelica says as she joins us. "First of the summer, perfect for hunting a mermaid's tear" she states.

"Mermaids are living sentient creatures, we shouldn't be hunting them" Coralia grumbles.

"It'll be ok" I assure her as the light is lit behind us. I soon hear the men singing below. Two of the things that attract mermaids most. Man made light and singing. Those poor men are as good as dead.

"There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold" the men in the boat sing together. We head back down to the shore line. As the men continued to sing.

"Coralia, stay away from the waters edge" Jack tells our daughter.

"But..." she whines.

"No buts, you heard your father" I tell her. "We'll find you once this is over" I assure her. She nods her head and I kiss her forehead before following Jack.

"I'd be happier if you stayed with our daughter Jackie" he tells me.

"She'll be safe, the mermaids won't dare to touch her. It's you I'm worried about" I tell him.

"I'll be fine luv" he tells me.

"Of course you will be, you have me to watch your back" I state. "I'm not gonna change y mind on this Jack. You're stuck with me" I tell him and he sighs in defeat.

(Time skip)

After nearly an hour of waiting, the mermaids appeared. They've started to attack the men in the row boat. "Out upon it! It has begun!" Blackbeard shouts. We hear the screams of the men and hisses of the mermaids. As the mermaids tore the row boat apart.

"Light them up! Muster your courage! Drive them to shore!" a man in other row boat shouts. They drop barrels into the water and they explode. Driving the mermaids to shore.

"Nets into the water! Quickly!" Angelica orders. As an other row boat is destroyed.

"Stay close Jackie" Jack tells me. I nod my head. Blackbeard has his ship spit fire at the mermaids, driving them closer to shore. They shriek.

Suddenly something like seaweed shoots out of the water and drags one of the men holding the net into deeper water. More appear and drag others in. The men scream in fright.

"Retreat all to land! For your lives!" Jack shouts as he left my side. They attempt to do so. But the mermaids reach them even when they leave the water. "Retreat, I say!" he shouts.

"Cowards! Back into the water!" Blackbeard orders drawing his pistol. "There be no refuge on land. On my word" he states and shoots one of his own men. I hear more shrieks and turn to see hundreds of mermaids heading our way.

"Mum!" Coralia shouts from the tree line.

"Don't come any closer!" I shout at her turning my back on the water. Suddenly the jetty breaks out under Angelica and me. We scream in shock. She gets to her feet as something grabs my boot. "Jack! Help!" I shout as I hold onto the jetty.

"Jackie!" he shouts rushing over. He cuts the seaweed gripping my boot and offers me his hand. I take it and he pulls me to my feet. He looks up at the light house.

"Don't go" I plead.

"I'll be fine" he assures me. He kisses me before running off before I could stop him.

"Jack!" I shout as Angelica held me back. Suddenly mermaids surround Angelica and I.

"No, leave them alone!" Coralia shouts as she jumped over a mermaid she stands in front of Angelica and I. "Back off!" she demands. The mermaids returned underwater leaving us.

"Coralia, I told you to stay put" I state as I hugged her close.

"I didn't want to lose you or dad" she mumbles hugging me tight. "Where is dad?" she asks and I look up at the lighthouse. To see him jump off of it, just before it explodes.

"Jack!" I shout as Coralia shouted 'dad!'. We run off towards where he landed as the mermaids left. Returning to the sea. Jack appears on shore as I hear Blackbeard's men had caught a mermaid.

"Did everyone see that? Because I will *not* be doing it again" he states. Coralia and I hug him tightly.

"Don't ever scare us like that again" I tell him.

"Back to the ship. We head for protected cove. Now" Blackbeard orders. The mermaid hisses in fright. Poor girl, she looks young. Jack wraps an arm each around Coralia and I. Leading us back to the ship.

"Mum will the mermaid be ok?" Coralia asks me concerned as the mermaid is put in a glass coffin filled with water.

"I'm sure she will be" I assure her. Though I don't know. "You should go to bed" I tell her.

"Song?" she asks.

"Of course, do you want your dad to sing it?" I ask her. She nods her head. So the three of us went to Coralia and my cabin. Coralia lays on her bead. "Remember the song Elizabeth taught us?" I ask Jack.

"Of course, my favourite song" he states.

"Mine too" Coralia tells him with a bright smile. Jack and I sing it to her. She fell asleep quickly. I remove my boots and sword. Jack heads for the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"My hammock" he says confused.

"You can stay, but no funny business. Our daughter is present" I tell him. He immediately joins me on the bed holding me close. "Good night Jack" I say.

"Good night Jackie" he says and kisses my forehead. We both fall asleep in each others arms. For the first time in years.

A/N

Picture above of White Cap Bay and picture on the external link of the caught mermaid.