You Knew Our Father

Jackie's POV

"When we were children living in England our mother raised us by herself" Will starts to explain our story to Jack.

"After she died, we came out here" I add.

"Looking for our father" Will finishes.

"Is that so?" Jack asks as he ties off a line.

"Our father Bill Turner" I state sheaving my sword and so does Will.

"In the jail it was only after you learned out name, you agreed to help" Will states.

"Since that was what we wanted, we didn't question the matter. We aren't simpletons Jack" I tell him.

"You knew our father" Will says as the three of us reach the helm.

"I knew him, probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner" Jack states. "Everyone else just called him Bootstrap or Bootstrap Bill" he explains.

"Bootstrap?" Will and I ask confused as we follow Jack to the wheel. I Stand in front of the wheel facing Jack while Will stands behind him.

"He was a good man, a good pirate I swear you look just like him" Jack says looking at Will.

"That's not true" Will states.

"Our father was a merchant sailor a good honorable man who obeyed the law" I state.

"He was a bloody pirate a scallywag" Jack tells me sternly.

"Our father was not a pirate" Will states pointing his sword at Jack.

"Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again" Jack tells him.

"You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you" Will states.

"Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?" Jack asks and turns the wheel. The boom swing around catching Will in the middle while Jack ducked. Now Will is hanging over the water and I draw my sword.

"Let him down Sparrow unless you want to lose to a woman" I sneer.

"It'll only be for a moment luv" he tells me and I glare as he turns to Will keeping a hand on the wheel. "Now as long as you're just hanging there Will, pay attention both of you. The only rules that really matter are these: What a man can do and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't. Pirate is in both of your blood, boy, so you'll have to square with that someday" he explains.

"Hurry it up Sparrow" I growl.

"Now me, for example. I can let you drown. But I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesy or with your sister, savvy?" Jack states. "So..." he says turning the wheel back bringing Will back aboard. "Can you sail under the command of a pirate? Or can you not?" he asks holding Will's sword out to him.

"Tortuga?" Will asks.

"Tortuga" Jack clarifies and returns to the wheel while I help Will to his feet. "We should be there by nightfall, but feel free to take a nap" he tells us.

"Will let's have a sparring match shall we" I suggest and he agrees. So we went to the main deck and drew our swords. We took our stances and Will made the first move, which I blocked with ease. "You can do better then that Will, no wonder you lost to a drunk pirate" I tease.

"Oh you're losing this time Jackie" he states and we continue our spar. Using the whole deck, ropes, mast and helm. I finally relieve him of his sword placing mine to his throat.

"I win, good spar Will" I tell him smiling.

"Would you like a real challenge luv?" Jack asks.

"No thanks, I'd rather sleep before we reach Port" I tell him sternly before heading below deck. I claim the first mates cabin knowing Jack would take the captain's one. I take my boots and belt off before laying in the bed, falling into a light sleep.

(Above deck) no one's POV

"Strong woman isn't she" Jack states.

"You have no idea" Will mumbles after retrieving his sword and placing it back in its sheave. "She may read, have a good eye for detail and be lady like when appropriate. But she is the best sword fighter I've ever meet. She may even be better then you" Will states.

"I highly doubt that, but you're right she is really skilled with a blade" Jack states. "I hope she'll give me the honour one day of facing her in sword play" he tells Will.

"Maybe one day, she says she'll marry no man unless they can beat her in a fight. But no one is good enough for her in my eyes. Even if they could beat her in a fight" Will states. He then goes back to sharpening his sword while Jack thinks about his namesake sleeping alone unattended below deck. He won't deny she is beautiful, but he'd never go so low as to bed his dead best friend's (Bootstrap Bill Turner) one and only daughter, Jackie.

A/N

Picture above of Jack and Will.