Chapter 23

[A/N: Dedicated to youdontknowmeswag. The answer is that Rachel hid behind a bass drum and Percy hid behind bongos in The Battle of the Labyrinth. Also, thank you to everyone who hasn't given up on this story and sorry to everyone that has. Instead of making excuses that I'm sure you don't want to hear after how long I just made all of you wait, I'll just keep updating as soon as possible and I promise, one way or another, I'll finish the story.]

Percy's POV

After Aeschylus reported, I started moving back toward my tent, pretending I hadn't noticed the two people who had been spying on the camp for the past few minutes.

As I walked away, I focused on the auras they were giving off to determine their identities. They were both clearly immortal, and children of the Big Three. I could feel the lightning flashing in the girl's eyes and the whispers of the dead around the boy. From the information Void gave me, they must be Thalia Grace and Nico di Angelo, some of the most powerful demigods alive.

I had just entered my tent when felt the two of them silently climb out of the tree and move at a quick pace back toward camp. I smirked to myself and immediately turned to follow them, cloaking myself in Void energy as I went. Knowing the abilities of these two particular demigods, I wasn't going to take any chances.

I moved silently through the forest like a wraith, staying just close enough that there was no way I could lose them. I knew they were important leaders to the camp and they must be going to report what they had seen to the other leaders, so I decided that I would attend this meeting as well to deliver an ultimatum. After hearing the reports from the Void beings, I knew that surprise was not essential to our attack. They were outmatched by the sheer power of the army Tartarus had provided.

As we neared the camp, I was surprised that the two demigods were still silent. They had nothing to fear inside the border, but they both seemed surprised by something, and slightly afraid. I pushed this to the back of my mind and watched them run out of the forest. They immediately began to gather the immortal campers and some figures dressed in dark cloaks lined in different colors, who I realized must be the Chaos soldiers.

I remained completely immobile as the group passed close to my position and then cautiously followed them to a pile of boulders. I settled into a watchful position in a nearby tree and listened as Thalia and Nico began reporting what they had seen.

"We found the enemy's camp," Nico started. "There's hundreds of monsters, but that's not even the worst part..."

"There's at least one creature, probably more, that I've never seen before," Thalia broke in. "It almost looks like it was created out of a shadow. And then there's the commander."

"The commander?" a blonde girl asked, her gray eyes curious and calculating. Probably Annabeth Chase, a daughter of Athena.

I took that as my cue. I stood up and released the Void energy around me, shook off the nagging feeling that I had seen that girl before, and dropped silently into the middle of the clearing.

"That would be me," I said quietly.

They all reacted quickly, pulling out a variety of weapons and forming a tight circle around me. I stood there calmly, not even drawing my sword.

"What do you want? Who are you?" Annabeth questioned, holding out a bronze knife.

I frowned, momentarily confused by the sight of the weapon, then responded. "I am Theta, commander of Void's army, and I have come to inform you of your options. As your two friends have stated, you have no chance of overcoming my forces. Shortly, we will attack, and you will be overwhelmed. However, if you surrender, you will be allowed to keep your lives, though I imagine they would not be very pleasant. The choice is yours, but know that you condemn all those under you to death as well as yourselves if you refuse."

"Theta?" Annabeth whispered, shock evident in her voice. She almost unconsciously took a small step forward, lowering the tip of her blade slightly.

I moved without even thinking, pushing her to the ground with a blast of Void energy and pulled out my sword, pointing it at her throat.

Everyone immediately froze, and I could feel them carefully watching me to see what I would do.

"You wish to fight, then," I said.

Her face hardened into a look of determination. "We'll never surrender."

"As you wish," I said, sliding my sword back in its scabbard. "Your camp will be destroyed."

I turned and walked away, the other demigods parting to let me pass.

"Percy, what happened to you?" Annabeth cried desperately after me.

I froze, turning my head back slightly. Percy? No. I had never heard that name before. I shook my head and walked off into the night.

Nico's POV

"Annabeth?" I whispered. She said Percy....could it be true? I wasn't sure which was worse: not knowing where he was, or knowing he had been turned against us.

We all turned to her, wondering how much she knew. She sat down hard on one of the boulders of Zeus's fist, clasping her hands tightly in front of her.

"I just found out when we went to Camp Jupiter. I just...I don't understand! What happened to him?" she asked, looking at the Chaos soldiers.

Luke stepped forward, exchanging worried looks with the other soldiers. "Somehow, Void must have found out who Omicron was and gained control of him through the Void power Percy has. That's why he was forbidden from revealing who he is."

"Percy's being controlled by Void?" I asked. "How do we break the connection?"

Luke shifted his feet, looking uncomfortable. "We don't know if we can."

"Mom?" Alec asked suddenly, walking toward Annabeth hesitantly. "That was my dad?"

She looked at him determinedly. "No, that wasn't him. We need to get him back from Void first."

I looked at the others to see their reaction to her statement and all I saw was doubt. Finally, Thalia spoke up. "How are we going to do that?"

She looked up at all of us, an uncertain look on her face. "I don't know."

[A/N: Here's the question for this chapter: when Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson first go into the Labyrinth, what is the first skeleton they find?]