Chapter 4

[A/N: Thanks for all of the amazing comments! It means a lot to me, and helps me post the chapters faster. Hope you like it :D]

Percy’s POV (still 200 years ago)

I had no idea where I was when I finally woke up. I was in a room that reminded me so much of the one I had been in over 75 years ago that I honestly started to panic a little bit. The only two differences were that the room cancelled out my Chaos powers and not my Poseidon ones, so they didn’t know who I was, and I was chained to the wall.

I sat there, waiting for myself to gain enough strength to control the water in the room and escape, when the door across from me creaked open. I looked up and saw the two people who had kidnapped me with their hoods up. I knew the girl was Silena, and I had a strange feeling I knew the guy as well.

“Come on,” Silena said harshly, obviously still having no idea who I was. “Our master wants to speak to you.”

The guy unlocked my chains and connected the iron rings on my wrists together behind my back, doing the same with my feet. I stumbled after Silena with the guy keeping a firm grip on my arm. I figured now wouldn’t necessarily be the best time to tell them who I was, so I stayed quiet and took in my surroundings.

We were walking through a medieval-styled castle that was completely black, and somehow glowed with a white, unearthly light. It felt like the castle in the Void, except more powerful and not quite as menacing, if that makes any sense. They led me into a throne room that looked almost identical to Chaos’s, except there were planets and galaxies shown constantly moving on every surface. I didn’t even see the man sitting on the throne at first because he looked the same as the room and completely blended in.

“Thank you,” he said, nodding to my two captors. “You can take your normal positions; I think I’ll want you both here for this one.”

“Yes, sir,” they said simultaneously, snapping a salute. They took up positions on either side of the throne, leaving me in the middle of the room. The man turned to me. “Now, Theta, you must have realized that you have been working for my enemy for the past few years, yes? In fact, you are his second-in-command, and capturing you has been a goal of mine for quite some time now.”

“Umm…am I supposed to know who you are?” I asked, uncertainly. I couldn’t think of anyone dumb enough to be Chaos’s enemy.

“Hmm…Void hasn’t told you much, has he? I am Chaos, of course.”

At this I normally probably would’ve started freaking out, but spending so many years distancing myself from everyone, I didn’t’ show any emotion. Plus, I have known for a while that something was wrong because Chaos or I guess Void, always seemed kind of…evil, though I could tell he tried hard to hide it. His powers were to destroy, not to create. And now seeing my captor, Erebus, working for Void, it seems the only truly nice thing he did for me was staged. There was only one thing that didn’t really make sense about it. “Okay, I guess that makes sense, but I thought Void was just another name for Chaos. Aren’t you supposed to be, like, the same person?”

He smiled at that. “Yes, that is what most think, but after the creation of the universe (A/N: I’m not saying I believe this or that it’s right, it’s just Greek mythology, no offense to anyone), Void and I separated into two independent entities. He wanted to destroy everything we had created, or at least rule it, and was the flip side of my being, a sort of archenemy, if you will. I had more power, and when I defeated him, I banished him to the Void. I created an army of sorts of brave fallen heroes to watch his activity, and recently I’ve noticed Void has done the same. His powers have been able to conceal most of you, but for some reason, he stopped shielding you with his power, and that’s how two of my soldiers were able to capture you. So now I need to know his next moves. I know he’s up to something.”

“First, how ‘bout you tell me who your two soldiers are?” I knew one was Silena, and I had a guess for the other, but I wanted to make sure. And I kinda already believed this guy that he was Chaos, since it confirmed my suspicions, but I wanted to be sure. If the soldiers were who I thought they were, then I would trust Chaos immediately. I am always loyal to my friends.

He gestured at both of them to step forward, and they took off their hoods. Just like I thought, I knew them.

“I’m Silena Beauregard,” the girl said. I smiled at her, and she seemed a little surprised at that.

“And I’m Charles Beckendorf, but everyone just calls me Beckendorf.”

“So if that satisfies your curiosity,” Chaos continued, “then I believe we need to know some things from you. For example, your identity. Void has put an enchantment on your hood; no one can take it off except for you.”

“Well,” I smirked. “If you take these chains off, I’ll show you my identity. But first I want to apologize for working for Void against you. He tricked me into thinking he was Chaos, and staged rescuing me to get me on his side.”

“Very well,” Chaos said, probably being able to sense that I was still way too weak to be able to do anything. He pointed at my chains and they disappeared, but still leaving the ones around my ankles. I reached up, and right before I pulled it off, I looked right at Silena and Beckendorf and said, “You know, I still feel bad about both of your deaths.” They had a split second to look confused before I smiled and revealed my still out-of-control black hair and startling green eyes. Their mouths dropped open when they saw my face. “P-percy? How…?”

Chaos, on the other hand, smiled at me, like he finally figured something out. “So you are the great Perseus Jackson. I watched your progress on Earth and your fight against Kronos. You are, by far, the most powerful demigod that has ever lived. In fact, I was planning to recruit you into my army for quite some time now, until you disappeared a hundred years ago. So you honestly thought Void was me?”

“Well I was kidnapped by Erebus from the Poseidon cabin, and Void saved me. He gave me some of his power and made me his commander for the next 75 years, until you guys found me. Thanks for that, by the way.”

“Course, Perce. You’ve done way more for us,” Beckendorf replied, finally getting over his shock.

"Well…not really…” I trailed off, looking down, while everyone else tried not to laugh.

“Since I can see you have been truthful, I would still like to offer you that position as commander of my army. I can see now that Void manipulated you,” Chaos said.

I wasn’t sure about that one. I had learned from Void not to accept positions like this so quickly. “Can I meet the rest of the army first?”

“Sure,” he said amiably. “I’ll introduce you to the group you’d be working with, the Omega Division. You’ll know most of them, so I’m sure you’ll fit in perfectly…”

--Present—

And that’s how I joined the Omega Division. It consists of: Silena, Beckendorf, Zoe Nightshade, Bianca di Angelo, Michael Yew, Luke Castellan, Ethan Nakamura, Perseus (yes, the original, son of Zeus and all that), Atalanta, Orpheus, Malcolm as the strategist (from the Athena cabin, no idea what his last name is), and me, now named Omicron, as the commander. Chaos gave me the name Omicron, and I’m still not sure why. He said there was a reason, but I have yet to figure it out. And yes, I’m the only one with a cool code name, ‘cause I’m awesome like that. Plus, since we mostly operate on different planets, it’s not like anyone’s gonna recognize us. We all have black capes with enchanted hoods anyway, if we don’t want anyone to see our face. The creepy part is if it’s up, no one else can see anything at all. Not even, like, our chin or something. We all have different colors trimming the edges of the cape/robe things (think like the Jedi have in Star Wars) which I’ll go into later, since I’m sure you don’t want to hear another long list right now.

The army is actually much bigger, but we are basically the elite task force, the best of the best. I actually enjoyed it there for the next two hundred years, but nothing like that can last and I always longed to go back to Earth to see my home again…

[A/N: Okay, that’s it; I promise I’m done with the backstory/explanations. Well, except for what happened at camp, but that shouldn’t take as long. So yeah, action and part of it will be in a different POV, I promise! Please comment and vote!]