Chapter 12

[A/N: So this chapter's dedicated to AwesomenessRequired for getting the reference, it was from the first chapter of The Lightning Thief when Percy says Mr. Brunner's wheelchair with the red umbrella looks like a motorized cafe table. Sorry for all of the confusion, I promise it'll be way more specific from now on.]

Percy's POV

"What is with my luck?" I whispered to myself as I stood at the top of Half-Blood Hill, staring down at the army in front of me. And you know who was leading it? Yeah. Void and Erebus.

I guess Void would've been needed to take down the camp's boundaries, but why is Erebus here too?

I heard a shocked gasp next to me. "How could anyone be that powerful?" Annabeth whispered.

I turned to what she was looking at and realized what she meant. Thalia's tree was glowing black, and the cause of this was obvious. The Golden Fleece. Its previous shiny gold color was now a dull gray, and it looked like it might fall apart any second. I didn't realize Void had that much power either, but he still is a Primordial. You can't take away all of his power.

"What do you want this time, Void?" I shouted down to him, annoyed.

"Hm, you must be Chaos's commander. Little disappointing, I suppose, but you remind me of someone...anyway, I'm here to show you your cause is lost. You cannot defeat us. This is only a fraction of my forces. Surrender and it will be less pain for all of you."

I knew that this war would be hard, much more difficult than any that had happened before, but this kept getting worse and worse the longer it went on. But the one thing I have always known is that no matter how bad it looks, I can never give up. "We will never surrender!" [A/N: so cliched, I know :)] The others behind me roared their approval.

He just seems amused by this. "Are you so quick to condemn every single one under your command to death? You will regret that. Tartarus is on our side, supplying us with thousands of monsters to fill our ranks. And this is only the beginning. Now, shall we begin?"

I pulled out my dual pitch-black swords and spun them around in my hand. "Sure, why not?"

"Then I'll let Erebus take care of the rest." He smiled evilly at me, like he knew something that was going to happen that I didn't, and melted into a portal with a snap of his fingers.

I raised one of my swords in my hand, waiting as the enemy charged closer and closer. There were hundreds of monsters, I didn't know how many. I was about to start running forward to meet them so that we still had higher ground but we kept them as far away as possible from the younger children, when Erebus looked straight at me and dissolved into black smoke.

Before I had the chance to move an inch, I was surrounded by it. The black smoke coiled around my legs and created a solid black pillar that I couldn't see an inch in front of my face in. I tried to run through a side of it, and immediately smashed into a solid wall of smoke. I turned around and felt tendrils snake their way around my ankles and wrists, securing them behind my back.

Vaguely, in the background, I heard people yelling and beating against the smoke, but they couldn't find a way in. I was on my own. That's when Erebus's blank face appeared in front of me, smiling at how he had me trapped. "Let's see how you handle this, Commander." His hand appeared out of smoke as well, and slowly reached toward me. I instantly started hyperventilating, remembering the effect his touch had had on me before. He looked slightly curious about why that would be familiar to me, then shook it off and touched one finger to my chest.

I was instantly thrown into a flashback of him repeatedly doing this to me over two hundred years ago. That numbing, cold feeling spread throughout my body as I slowly sunk deeper and deeper into unconsciousness. I couldn't even make myself fight it, I was that paralyzed by fear of it. I barely had time to think of my friends facing that army by themselves when I finally collapsed into darkness.

Annabeth's POV

"No!" I screamed as Erebus surrounded Omicron in an unusually dark cloud of smoke. I ran toward him as everyone else engaged the enemy around us.

I started beating on the smoke, which surprisingly held up, and even started slashing at it with my knife, screaming his name. Finally, the smoke sank into the ground, leaving Omicron behind. He fell forward, unconscious, and I just was barely able to catch him before he hit the ground.

I tried to check if he was alright, but it was extremely hard to do with his hood up, so I gave up and just stood up, trying to find a way I could get him to the infirmary.

That's when I truly realized the number of monsters we had to deal with. There were so many...there's no way we can hold up very long. The Omega Division was helping a lot, taking out huge groups of them with blasts of Chaos energy, but what we really needed was Omicron. He would've wiped out half of the army by himself by now.

I stood over the commander, slashing in every direction I could with my knife when he groaned as shifted at my feet. He seemed disoriented, but I didn't have time to help him. The monsters were starting to get past out lines, slowly moving toward the cabins. So many of our campers had fallen, already more than we had lost in the Battle of the Labyrinth.

Omicron staggered to his feet, quickly taking in the scene around him. I reached over and tried to push him back down. "You need rest, let us handle this."

He just shook my hand off and lifted himself off the ground, floating above the battlefield like he had done before. This time, though, he looked like he was really straining to do it.

"Don't do it, Omicron!" The action on the battlefield abruptly stopped as everyone turned to the commander who, this time, was bringing dark storm clouds in to cover the monster army. The moisture in the air increased, weighing down on everyone, and the smell of ozone filled the air.

Omicron suddenly pushed his hands out, charged with electricity. They struck the monsters, killing countless, before his form crumpled and he fell to the ground, completely drained of energy.

The remaining monsters quickly fled, seeing how easily most of them had been killed, and everyone circled around Omicron. I pushed trough the crowd, falling to my knees beside him.

"How can he keep doing this to himself?" I whispered, not really expecting an answer.

"It's because he can't stand the thought of anyone else getting hurt." I whirled around, startled, my knife out. "Whoa, it's just me," Lambda laughed, amused.

"Sorry," I said, more worried about Omicron.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him," Lambda said, easily able to guess what I was thinking about.

"Thank you," I said, getting up to follow him as he carried Omicron on another stretcher of Chaos energy.

I was shocked as we walked back over the hill, seeing how many we had actually lost. We would have to spend the entire day tomorrow making shrouds. There were more dead and injured than there were standing. And this was just the beginning of it. How could we hold out much longer?

"We're gonna need some help."

"What?" I asked, staring at Lambda in amazement.

"We can read minds. And Chaos had an idea of where we could get help if we needed it."

"What idea?"

He turned his head to me, and I got the feeling he was smirking at me. "We'll discuss it when we have a meeting. Everyone needs to hear it."

We finally reached the infirmary, where all of the Apollo kids were running around, trying to tend to everyone that was coming in. Lambda just ignored them all and moved to an empty bed in the corner and gently set Omicron down. I practically jumped into the chair next to it.

"So I take it you're not going to the meeting?"

I smiled sweetly at him. "No, I'd rather stay here until Omicron wakes up, so you might as well tell me now what help we could possibly find."

He just sighed at that. "Fine. The Romans."

He walked away abruptly, leaving me to dread us having to work with the Romans again.

[A/N: Sorry sorry sorry sorry that took so long to get posted! But tennis is almost over so I'll be update faster. So here's the question: When Charon asks Percy if he's dyslexic because he read his name wrong, what does Percy say in response? (it doesn't have to be exact words, just the general idea).]