Chapter 3

[A/N: I noticed that I haven't gotten any votes or comments, so it makes me kinda wonder if anyone wants me to continues this story or not. I'll post the next chapter as soon as I get 4 votes and 1 comment, so if anyone likes it, please vote and comment!]

Percy’s POV

Chaos gave me a jacket with an enchanted hood so that nobody could see my face, and he started calling me Theta. Hiding my identity from everyone was really important to him, and again, I didn’t know why until later.

His army was very impressive, but what else could you expect from the creator of the universe? Chaos told me that as commander, I was expected to stay apart from the rest of the soldiers, which I wasn’t really happy with. I mean, I had to join his army and then he tells me that I can’t make any friends. I wanted to leave right then but I knew that I couldn’t just walk away. He saved my life, and I’m still a very loyal person.

So I became his commander for the next seventy-five years. I went all around the universe, leading his troops and doing what he told me, no questions asked. I wore an enchanted hood at all times so that nobody would ever know who I was, and I became Theta.

Of course I still missed my friends, and I constantly hoped that someday Earth would be in trouble so I could return, but then I reminded myself that it’s better that they’re safe. I still couldn’t help wishing I could go back though, and even if all of my friends were dead, I could at least sneak into the Underworld and visit them.

So I became very worried but also extremely excited when Chaos told me that I had to visit Earth…

--200 years ago—

I was wandering the Void, like I always did when I was bored, when a portal suddenly opened up in front of me. I had been thinking about the power of the ocean, the absolute freedom I felt when I was in it, and how much I missed my dad when it happened. I knew Chaos wanted to see me, so I stepped through and was instantly transported to the throne room. Yep, instead of sending out, like, a messenger or something like a normal person, he just makes a portal in front of the person he wants to see. He’s kind of weird like that.

When I stepped out of the portal, I was in the throne room, and I walked over to his throne and kneeled in front of him.

“Theta, I have an important mission for you,” he started. “It’s so important, in fact, that I will be going with you.”

At this I looked up, shocked. Chaos never did anything himself, he always just sent me.

“We need to go to Earth,” he explained. I didn’t know what to say to that. I mean, I finally get to go back! I had missed everything about it while I was gone, and this was the best news I had heard in the past hundred years.

He smiled slightly at the look on my face. “I can tell a war will be starting soon, and I need to go to the Olympians and tell them that I will support them. Then, once the war starts, I will send you and the best soldiers to help them win. They trust you, so this will go much better if you reveal your identity to them.”

Honestly, I would’ve revealed my identity whether he gave me permission to or not, so that just made me even more excited, until I remembered that he said a war was going to start soon. I just had to hope that with my new powers, I would be able to help them defeat the enemy without too many losses. “When will we be leaving?”

“Tomorrow at noon. They will all be there for the winter solstice meeting.”

“Okay,” I answered. “I will be ready.” I turned and walked quickly from the room, my head spinning with the idea that I finally get to return to my home.

As I was walking through the corridors of Chaos’s castle, I suddenly felt an aura of power that I hadn’t felt in seventy-five years. I turned around and saw someone that I had hoped I would never see again. It was the one who had kidnapped me from the Poseidon cabin all those years ago. I had figured out a while ago that it had to be Erebus (what? I can be smart if I want to be) and I couldn’t figure out what he would be doing here. It looked like he was heading towards the throne room, and I thought maybe he was going to try to get revenge on Chaos for breaking me out so long ago, when the guards stationed at the doors nodded at him as he passed. He seemed to feel me staring at his back, and he turned around. As soon as he saw me, he looked surprised, startled even. He instantly melted into shadows, and the guards looked at me and figured out what was going on.

My eyes widened as they started running down the hall towards me. I had no idea why, I mean, they saw me all the time! They knew I was Chaos’s commander. But for some reason they kept chasing me, and I turned and ran.

I used Chaos’s power to collapse part of the roof of the hallway, stopping the guards in their tracks. I kept running, knowing they would’ve raised the alarm by now, and I had to find a way out of the castle. I ran towards a window that I had always used when I wanted to sneak out of the castle, and I stepped up onto the ledge. I touched the glass and it disappeared, and I moved to the other edge of the ledge. I climbed down the outer wall, using handholds that I had made years ago to make it to the forest that surrounded the castle on all sides.

I took off running through the forest, trying to make it to one of the secret places I had found in the forest a long time ago when I needed someplace to be alone to think.

Before I could make it to my nearest one, I felt a heavy, somewhat familiar hand clamp over my mouth. A second person came up in front of me, and my eyes widened in shock when I realized who it was.

“Sleep,” she whispered, and I immediately knew she was using charmspeak. My eyelids became heavy, and I fought to stay awake, but I simply couldn’t.

As I sank into a deep sleep, I was only thinking one thing.

The girl I saw was Silena Beauregard.