Chapter 29

[A/N: Dedicated to Khalilrocks105. The flower Calypso gave Percy was called moonlace.]

Thalia's POV

"Did he just . . ?" Nico started, eyes wide in surprise.

"Yeah," I answered, probably looking as shocked as Death Breath. We had sprinted up to the top of the hill and just made it in time to see Omega or whatever he wants to be called destroy Erebus.

"That was so awesome!" he said, practically bursting with excitement.

I rolled my eyes at him and smirked slightly. "What?" he said, catching my look. "You have to admit, that looked pretty cool. And it means one less problem for us."

"Okay," I admitted. "I can't argue with that one."

"Now what?" a familiar voice said, and we turned to see Reyna striding up the hill toward us, breathing heavily from the battle. As I looked around, I noticed for the first time the Roman soldiers who were mingling with the Greek campers. Wow. They must have actually worked together for once.

"Glad you could make it," I said, hugging her when she reached us. I had always respected her, even though she was Roman. "I see you even brought some friends, too."

"I rounded up whoever was smart enough to realize that Greeks and Romans need to work together and we flew as fast as we could on pegasi to get here. I'm just glad we got here in time."

"Me, too. It would have been a lot worse without you. Will you start rounding up the injured and getting them to the infirmary? We'll help after we find Annabeth and figure out what we're going to do about Void."

She nodded to me in acceptance and moved off, shouting orders, just as Luke and Annabeth ran up and stopped next to us, with all of the Chaos soldiers following them. Omega saw us grouped together and casually floated up to meet us.

"Well?" I asked when he reached us. "What now? Are you going to help us deal with Void?"

He paused for a moment, looking like he was listening to something, and then said, "I suppose that's a good point. I will have to face him eventually."

I stared at him, wondering if he was completely insane. "Who are you talking to?"

"Perseus Jackson," he said, and then he went back to listening to nothing.

Annabeth looked at me, clearly surprised. "Did he just say-"

I just nodded, too stunned for words.

"Well," Omega started, turning back toward us, "we've decided it is time for us to confront Void. I believe with our combined power, we should be able to defeat him."

Annabeth stormed over to him, looking furious. "You've been talking to Percy this whole time and you didn't feel like mentioning it?"

"There wasn't any time before," he said, not sure why it should bother her so much. "There were more important things to be done, as there is now. We should go to the Void quickly."

"Fine," Annabeth sighed, "but we're finishing this conversation later."

Omega nodded in acceptance, then waved a hand in front of us. Black sparks shot from his fingertips, swirling together in the largest portal I had ever seen. The Chaos soldiers filed through first, clearly the most comfortable with this form of travel. Nico followed behind, still a little hesitant about stepping into what basically looked like a black hole.

I stopped as I was about to step into the portal, noticing that Annabeth was turning back to Omega. "So Percy's okay?" she asked. "He really is communicating with you?"