Chapter 19

[A/N: This one's dedicated to parakeetlover for being really specific in your answer. The answer was five, six if you're counting Zoe's unintentional one. Thanks to everyone who commented on my last chapter, and I'm really, really, really sorry for taking so long to update! I should be able to update a lot faster now, since it's finally summer.]

Percy's POV

Thalia turned to me as the portal snapped shut behind Annabeth. "So, what's the plan? How are we going to find Luke?

I thought for a moment. "Well, this is probably the safest place we'll be for a while, so if you two will keep watch, I'll try to find Luke in my dreams. Chaos gave us some power over what we see in a dream, so hopefully I'll be able to determine his location."

Nico looked at Thalia and then they both nodded, deciding not to question how powerful I really was, since controlling dreams probably seemed completely impossible to them. I know it would’ve seemed impossible to me three hundred years ago.

They moved to defensive positions toward the entrance to the slightly demolished building and I went to the back, settling in as comfortably as I could on the hard marble. I closed my eyes and focused every particle of my being on finding Luke, and pulled myself into the darkness.

I felt myself being pulled out of my body, and got a brief glimpse of the three of us from the ceiling before feeling another, stronger tugging sensation. I gave myself over to it and was dragged across the state in a matter of seconds before settling over a mountain that was far too familiar.

'Mount Othrys,' I whispered in awe. Sure, I've seen plenty of things that are much more impressive during my missions across the universe, but the Titans' stronghold still gave me a strong feeling of fear and dread.

It looked almost the same as it had the last time I'd seen it, though this time it seemed even bigger. I floated into the main room and saw Atlas in his usual position, holding up the sky, but he wasn't the only Titan there. Hyperion was there as well, and as I continued to look around, the reason the palace was larger became obvious. Looming in the shadows was Alcyoneus, with two Cyclopes on either side, though why he'd be here, I had no idea. He was only immortal in his homeland, which, according to Chaos, was still Alaska.

I was distracted from my thoughts when the doors at the entrance to the main room burst open and Kampe came stomping in, dragging Luke by his hood, which thankfully, she couldn't remove. She dropped him in front of Hyperion and stood there, waiting for further instructions.

"So," Hyperion started, stepping closer to Luke to examine him, "you captured one of Chaos's soldiers for me. I would be impressed, but it's not the Commander."

He paused to glare at her, straightening up as he did so and stepping over Luke. "I need the Commander. Do you understand? Void is expecting us to capture him. He needs him for something, and if we don't deliver, he'll get rid of us and turn to some other Titan. Get back out there now!"

Kampe turned without bothering to get mad about Hyperion ordering her around and took off in the direction of Camp Jupiter. 'Great,' I thought. 'Now we have to deal with her again.'