Chapter 1

[A/N: Yes, I know, there are tons of Chaos stories out there, and I've read most of them, but I liked the idea so much that I just had to write my own. I'm sorry if it's not very good, or if it's not very original, but I'll try to make it as different as I can. And yes, this will be a Percabeth story. Sorry for those of you out there who like Perclypso or Perlia, but I've always liked Percabeth the most. In case you were wondering where I got the name, it's the fifteenth letter in the Greek alphabet. I just thought it sounded cool. Oh yeah, and the disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson, no matter how much I wish I did.]

Percy's POV

It had been a year since the Second Titan War, and things had been looking pretty good for once. No one had tried to kill me since the war, and, as far as I knew, there hadn't been any huge prophecies spelling out my death. Annabeth and I had been dating for a year, and neither of us could've asked for a better one. Grover and Juniper were still going strong, and Grover's leadership had helped the satyrs become even better at bringing half-bloods to camp. Most of them made it, which was pretty much as much as you could ask for. Thalia helped the hunters gain even more members, and her skills helped them to be able to hunt down even more dangerous monsters, making it safer for the rest of us.

Well, of course, as soon as everything seemed peaceful, something terrible had to happen. That's just my luck, I guess. I really wish now that the whole 'naming me Perseus since he's the only guy with a happy ending' thing would've worked better. I really thought I was done with all of the crazy quests and near-death experiences, but they were really only just beginning. Kronos was nothing compared to what I had to face.

Well, now that I got that out of the way, maybe I should explain what happened...

--300 year ago-

I was headed back to my cabin after a campfire much like any other. Nothing out of the place happened-we had s'mores, sang all of the normal songs, and tried to see who could sing the loudest and the worst-so there were really no signs of what was about to happen. I still have a hard time believing it did.

I walked into my cabin and sighed contentedly. It's one of my favorite places, with the smell of the sea and all the memories it held. The Minotaur horn reminded me of both times I had defeated it, where I had started and where I was now. The hippocampi sculptures made me think about Tyson. I smiled, thinking about him in dad's palace right now, working on another amazing project, as usual. I could've really stood there forever remembering everything that had happened to me, but for some reason something felt off. I knew that this place always calmed me down and made me feel relaxed, but I couldn't help looking around, feeling like something was watching me.

"Probably just Nico trying to freak me out," I muttered to myself. I was about to say something to let him know I knew he was there, when I realized this felt much more powerful and darker than him. So like the idiot I am, I decided to just ignore it. I figured my senses were completely out of it, since I was so tired. I resumed my nightly routine and fell gratefully into bed. As soon as I was about to finally drift off to sleep, I felt a strong hand, colder than ice, clamp over my mouth. I tried to move, but realized that tendrils of pure darkness were securing my wrists and ankles to the bed. I looked up into the face of my attacker, and at first thought that no one was there. I realized that the man's (at least, at the time, I assumed it was a man) face was completely blank, and so black that it blended in with the night, like he was drawing his power from the darkness. I tried to bite his hand and yell, but he just seemed to laugh quietly.

"Shhh," he whispered mockingly. "Wouldn't want anyone to come in here to try to help you, and then end up dead. Because I can assure you, that's what would happen. No one here can defeat me. Not even you, Hero of Olympus."

He then raised his other hand and drew the night to him. He lightly touched his fingers to my chest, and I felt the cold spread from his fingers to surround my entire body.

"Good night, young hero," he whispered, and his blank face was the last thing I saw before I fell into the darkness.

[A/N: Yeah, so I'm not having them all betray him, I actually have something else in mind, so if you've ever read any Chaos stories that start like this, let me know, but I think it's different. In case you're wondering, this story is being written by Bethany alone, with help and suggestions from Anna. And if you like this story, please go check out our other story, The Titan's Revenge. Please comment if you like it!]