Chapter 22

[A/N: Dedicated to JordanLofts. Percy hears a slow dance, which he describes as a little sad, but a little hopeful, too.]

Percy's POV

"I'll create a portal to take you to the location of the army. They are a few miles from the border in the forest. But first, I have some creatures I believe you'll need to formulate your plan of attack."

I followed Void as he outlined what I needed to complete before the attack on camp could begin. He explained there were already hundreds of monsters waiting for me to lead them. I would be responsible for recording their numbers and creating a solid battle plan.

He led me into a large room I had seen many times before. The throne room. Of course, I had just been here merely days before. [A/N: When Void changed him back into Theta, he basically blocked all of his memories from when he ran away from Void and on, and before he worked for Void. He doesn't remember being Chaos's commander or being a camper]. He had told me that there was a mission on Earth, and then I had been in that accident. It was still fuzzy, but I remember something about the ceiling collapsing, and then darkness.

He muttered something in the language of the Void, something I only knew because of the Void power he had passed on to me. Instantly, four creatures appeared and silently drifted over until they stood before him in a line.

I studied them curiously. They looked like they were made out of the same substance the walls were made of. They were very thin, short beings, with long arms that ended in deadly-looking claws. They all had slightly hunched backs, but I could tell they were far more dangerous and adept at fighting than they appeared. Their faces only seemed to have two small, beady red eyes, until one noticed me watching them and grinned. Its mouth was full of short teeth, all which appeared to have been filed to a point. Its smile stretched across its entire face, like a malignant Cheshire cat.

Void turned to me with a proud look on his face. He swept his arm grandly and announced, "This is Apollyon, or destruction, Aeschylus, meaning shame, and Anicetus, or unconquerable."

Then, he gestured to the one on the far right, and I noticed it had a circle of red light on its chest, right in the center. "This one is the leader of my creations, Marchosias. His name means marquis, or leader."

"Are they made out of Void energy?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, the very essence of the Void itself. They are extremely powerful, and will serve you well. They cannot be detected by the Chaos soldiers, and are far too stealthy to be noticed by anyone else, so they would make extremely effective scouts."

I inclined my head slightly in acceptance. "Of course, my lord."

"Then go to your army, and prepare for battle!"

With that, he snapped his fingers and created a portal of dark, swirling energy. The Void beings filed through first, and I followed quickly, not looking back.

I stepped out into a large clearing that was filled with monsters of every kind. I had been informed that Tartarus himself was supplying me with my army, and he didn't hold back.