Chapter 4 - Not So Lonely

.
When morning came, my routine began.

Karla and a few other nurses come in to take my vitals every morning before the day starts, so they can plan their day accordingly. This includes things like blood tests, blood pressure, temperature, oxygen saturation, heart rate, and weight.
If any of these are abnormal, tests are planned for the abnormally and thus begins the day. If there isn't any, the day goes by normally.

Soon enough, I'll be able to go to the restroom all by myself. At my big age, this is embarrassing. But no one has to worry about judgement here besides their own, thankfully.

After my wonderful nurse helped me out of the bathroom and to my bed, I got ready for breakfast. My diet is mostly plant based with the occasional fish and meat, which is usually for dinner. I see a lot of oatmeal, fruits, various seeds, and vegetables. Foods with high fiber, protein, and energy are a priority in everything I eat.

Every night, I fill out a meal check list to let the chefs know what I want in the morning, so it's ready when I wake up. It should be here soon.

"Sorry for the wait, here's your breakfast (Y/N)"

"Mmm thanks"

Karla set down a tray of mixed fruit, oatmeal, and a bowl of an edamame and spinach mix. I asked for a bit of sea salt on the side for flavor but the amount isn't nearly enough to actually matter. She also placed down a cup of pumpkin juice and cup of water.

"Thank you, I call you when I'm done"

"Of course, enjoy"

Yup. Sure will.

Once the door closes, I pick up my plasticware and tear open the nasty wrapping. I grabbed the spoon and began dumping the fruit into the oatmeal. The mix they use is unsweetened, so I do this to increase my will to live and ability to finish such a bland dish. It was this or chickpeas and I absolutely hate chickpeas.

After a few bites, my phone lights up with a 'ding'. I pick it up and observe.

New message from Niko

Ah Niko! I remember him being a relatively sane person.

—————————————————————

Niko
Good morning

—————————————————————
.
.
.
AWE

A GOOD MORNING TEXT
—————————————————————

Good morning!

Niko
How are you?
Srry this is
probably weird

No not at all :)
I really appreciate
it actually

Ever since they
went into Blue Lock,
Reo and Shiro
have stopped sending
me morning texts so

Niko
Oh, well I'm glad
I made you happy

Yeah! And to answer
your question, I'm
doing pretty well.

Eating breakfast rn

Niko
That's great

Everyone else is too,
I ended up getting
stir-fried potatoes
and sausage.