Chapter 11 - Second Selection

.
.
The morning of the special day had arrived.

You were currently sat on your bed, waiting for Anri and Karla to pick you up and take you to the meeting place for the Second Selection. The room was quiet and still as you looked down at your lap, going through the different introductions and silly poses in your mind. You were going to be introduced to like, 125 people today, and you wanted to be prepared.

"(Y/N) (L/N) at your service!..wait aren't they technically under me? That won't work...

I'm looking forward to working with you!...I somehow feel like that's an insult...

I'm your boss and you get used to it!!...doesn't feel right

Who am I, you ask? YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!! AHAHA-"

"Well aren't you just excited"

You freeze in your dramatic 'evil villain laugh' pose, your eyes moving to the door frame, Karla leaning to the side with a smug grin on her face.

"I- I can explain"

"Don't sweat it (Y/N), you'll do fine I promise. It's not like you're doing a huge speech, you just have to make an appearance im sure"

"I guess"

You sat up from the bed, scratching your neck, and made your way over to her smiling form. She gave your back a good pat as you exited the room.

"I promise, you'll do fine"

"..but what if they don't like me? They've never seen me before and I'm so un-fit compared to them" You bring your hand up to grab a few strands of the white, textured hair that adorned your natural color and rubbed it between your fingers.

"Nah, I think it's badass. I'm sure they'll feel the same. Not everyone gets a chance like this. Besides, it's not like you're required to participate in matches physically, you're just here to coach them"

"I can't coach if they don't listen to me"

"Oh believe me...I'm sure you'll find a way. You're pretty scary when you're serious" She chuckles to herself.

The smaller girl turns her head with a glare. "This is news to me. Anyways, I'll figure something out I'm sure"

—————————————————————
.
.
Team Z was making their way to the second selection.

The tension was definitely there, but the excitement of it all overpowered it. This day marked the end of their ruthless daily workouts and touching a football again was the only thing on their minds. They wanted to win. They were going to survive.

"LET'S WIN! LET'S DESTROY THEM ALL!"

Raichi declared, his aggressive attitude adding all the more malice. Isagi stared onwards towards the door, determined as ever. Beads of sweats fell down his face and his cheeks burnt at the anticipation. He didn't know what was behind that door, but what he did know was that he was ready for it. He curled his lips inwards and gave a declaration of destruction within himself to anyone who got in his way.

'I'll destroy all of you!'

—————————————————————