Chapter 13 - Forest Fire

.
.
"...You fell?"

"Yep, sure did"

"Right. That explains the new bandage that you somehow acquired" Karla smirks to herself, digging in her drawers to retrieve a proper clear seal. (Y/N) shifts off to the side, her eyes falling on the farthest wall. "...I had it on me..."

A sigh echoed in the quiet room, and Karla turned back to (Y/N), walking up to her with the supplies. "Love, I'm not angry, you don't have to lie, alright? I'm just glad you're okay"

"Okay, I'm sorry"

The older woman laughed and held out her hand for (Y/N) to give up her arm. "I told you it's fine, Goofy. But, whoever did this wasn't half bad, make sure to thank them if you haven't already." She takes off the work that Barou did and cleans the spot again with alcohol wipes.

"I did, although I don't really think he cared that much- ach!"

Karla pressed around the needle and smiled, looking into the girl's eyes. "There you go making up some weird assumption again. I'm sure he appreciated it just fine"

"That hurt" Her head dipped down into her chest and closed her eyes.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm almost done—there! All better"

She lifted up her head and smiled. "Kiss it better?"

"Muuuuuuah!" Karla pressed her lips to the site and retreated upwards, taking off her blue rubber gloves.

"Thanks, Mom"

"Oh don't say that! I'm too young to be a Mom!"

"You're like. Old"

"Mhm, because late 20s is old"

"Exactly"

"You're almost 20 yourself"

"Why would you say that"

"Because I like reminding you that you have grown up responsibilities. Like right now. Let's get these schedules to their owners before it gets really late. Anri should be here any minute"

(Y/N) hopped up off the bed with bit of attitude, and walked up to the door where Karla was standing. The mild pain that rose up in her head reminded her of something. Her hand gripped the side of Karla's coat.

"Hey so, I've been getting some really bad headaches recently. I know it's normal, but these are especially bad"

The woman brings her finger to her mouth and thinks for a bit. She moved her head to eye the cabinets in the corner of the room before making some strides over. She opened the cabinet and retrieved a small orange tube with a few piles inside.

"Come on over here, Goof"

"...stop that already"

"Here, go ahead and take these. I'll get some water"

Once (Y/N) was is arms length, Karla dropped a few pills in her hands and grabbed a paper cup by the sink. The patterns are always so cute. This one had dolphins on it. Karla handed the half full cup to (Y/N). She tilted her head back and gulped, the uncomfortable feeling rising up in her throat. She hated pills.

"Those should help. No doubt they've gotten worse because of your workaholic mentality. Being in such a enabling environment is definitely bad for you, but as long as you take breaks, it should be ok" Karla placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"After we get done with these drop offs, I want you to rest. The matches will be recorded, so you don't have to watch them live. Understand?"

(Y/N) smiled and lightly tapped her head against Karla's shoulder. "Yes Ma'am"