Chapter 6 - Hello Despair

(Long chapter, strap in <3)
.
.
You woke up to the sound of birds singing outside your window. The faint rays of the morning sun pierced your room, signaling the start of a new day. The quiet beeps of the heart monitor resumed in your mind, and will continue to sound until you closed your eyes once again. You sat up just a bit and began fidgeting with the IV on your left arm, rubbing it slightly to relieve some stress in the skin, and repeated the process with the one on your right arm.

At the very least, you needed to alway have a blood transfusion IV on you at all times. Every now and then, you get a platelet transfusion as well. These can be differentiated by their color, blood being a deep red and platelets being a gross yellow color. Because AA affects your immune system and causes bone marrow to not produce blood properly, the body doesn't have enough white blood cells and platelets to stop infections and bleeding. Because of this, you always need something supporting that weakness, no matter the time of day. This can get very annoying, and sometimes even painful. So, everyday, you make sure to ease up as much potential pain as possible.

After a few minutes had passed, some noise could be heard at the door before it opened. Your other nurse, Irina, emerged. She was working the night shift today and was doing her last rounds before the morning staff took over.

"Good morning, dear. Everything feeling ok?"

"Yes ma'am, everything's ok. I would like help to the bathroom though."

"Of course, just grab on to my arm"

You scooted your body to the side of the bed and the second your feet hit the ground, an overwhelming but familiar nausea hit. You gripped a bit harder to Irina, and she rushed her second hand up to stabilize you. You pause until the feeling eases up, and then smiled to her.

"Alright, I think I'm ok now"

"One step at a time, dear"

You both made it to the bathroom and she helped you sit down after you took care of your undergarments. Everything was hidden with the hospital gown.

"I'll be right outside the door, just call me when you're finished"

"Roger that"

After you were done, Irina helped you out and back onto your bed. Minutes later, the chef brought in breakfast. You thanked him kindly and began eating. You looked up to the clock. 6:54.

Hmm...Karla should be coming in soon

A small 'ding' came from your phone on your bedside table. Picking it up, you saw that Niko had just texted you.

—————————————————————
Ikki💫
—————

Good morning, (Y/N)
How are you feeling?

Good morning!
A little dizzy but
going strong :)

That's worrisome
but I'll trust you

I woke up just a
bit ago, I wanted
to make sure we had
time to talk

That's sweet of you, but
you need more rest
than me, silly

it's just 10
minutes earlier tho

Too bad, do it
anyway

Nah I'm good.
Besides, I'm by
myself for a bit

It's pretty lonely