Chapter 14 - Warmth

SURPRISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SHAWTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
.
.
DONT KILL ME PLEASE- 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️

—————————————————————

I held the stacks close to my chest as I walked down the hallway towards my next destination. The hall was quiet, and a thick layer of dread hung to the walls as a result of the recent losses. You could feel the tension coming off of every door, and every now and then, faint sobs echoed from within. I squeezed the papers closer and increased my walking speed. How am I just now noticing these things? I didn't feel this going to Shiro's room...

I took a deep breath and continued scanning the doors, stopping once the one I was looking for appeared in front of me. I would say it was familiar, but everything looks the same here, so remembering something based on looks is quite challenging. I check to make sure this was the right one and knocked a few times.

"Hello! This is Y/N. I'm here with some new information regarding future training"
.
.
.
Nothing.

I blinked a few times before knocking again, a little louder than before. Ouch...
.
.
.
Still nothing

There's a huge chance they just aren't here right now; as expected of higher ranked players. Moping around and crying doesn't feel like their forté at all. I assume they're in the gym or practice field. I guess I could move on and come back later? There's no place to hang them and I'm definitely not putting them on the floor. I grabbed the two packets and placed them in the back of the stack. I'll stop by on the way back.

I looked down at my next packet. The 3rd stage is next. My heart rate started up again as my eyes processed the name. I felt a smile tug at my lips. I can't help but feel a little nervous at the thought of meeting him. And so soon as well...

The third stage is about a 20-ish minute walk from here, so I set off at a comfortable pace, prepared to take breaks every now and then. It wasn't long before my mind started to ramble off, coming up with greetings and immediately scrapping them for new ones. Oh gosh...

I took a deep breath in and lowered my head, watching my feet go one in front of the other. I know it will be fine, it always is.

"Ah!"

My head flicked up at the surprised yelp. A player of medium stature stood before me with stunned eyes, likely mirroring my own. Fluffy brown hair, big oak eyes...this was...

"Naruhaya Asahi?"

—————————————————————

When I had first entered Barou's room, I was hardly given enough time to observe the area. The lights were off apart from a small night light in the back corner. Now that I was visiting on official business—and the lights shone in every curve— I could finally see just how...clean it was. Naruhaya and I decided to head back to the dorm and he confirmed that he and Barou were both out training, and Naruhaya had left early. It was just by chance he had run into me.

"I'm sorry Y/N, If we knew you'd be coming, we wouldn't have gone" Naruhaya walked over to his bed and sat down, then locked his eyes on me, still standing by the door way. He brought his hand up to his neck and gestured towards the bed across from him.

"U-uh, you could sit on, um, Barou's bed. It's very clean, I promise you."

I smiled and made my way to the bed, circled around to the backside, and sat on the edge facing Naruhaya. As I moved my legs to a confortable position, our knees brushed lightly, and caused the boy to mutter a small 'sorry' and bring his legs up into a criss-cross position. He gently rested his hands in his lap.