I Almost Stab My Friend

Percy POV

I hefted the shield onto my arm as we walked along the dimly lit pathways of the amusement park. We had just gotten through the Tunnel of Love and I was feeling horrible. I hated being teased. I hated being tricked. Let alone by some biker loving war god. And on top of that we still had no idea what was going on with Y/n or how to help him. I felt useless and even helpless. My friend was dying and I couldn't do anything about it.

Grover walked on my left and Annabeth on my other side. Making our way past the shut down rides and rollercoasters as we eventually made it back to the gift shop. Without hesitating Annabeth went over to a line of bushes where we had hidden Y/n. Not the best spot in hindsight but we were on a time crunch.

I moved after her as Grover followed from behind. Coming to a stop as I stood over Annabeth while she started searching. On her knees while moving aside bushes and rummaging through the foliage. It took some time but we soon located the hockey bag but there was one slight problem. Y/n wasn't there.

"What the-" I started. "He's not here!?"

"Where did he go?" Grover quickly asked.

"How could he have moved anywhere?! He was out cold in a zipped up bag!" Annabeth replied back angrily.

"Did someone take him?" Grover asked.

I knelt down in front of the bag as Grover and Annabeth continued to converse between each other. Going over scenarios and possibilities.

I peered closer into the bushes. It was hard to see with the fading light as the sun had set. But it wasn't long before I saw something inside. There were vines and roots stretching out from the ground and the surrounding bushes. Stretching towards the bag as they wrapped around it. Piercing into the top of the fabric like the plants had ripped an opening. But weirdest of all there were dozens of pink roses lining the vines. Despite the fact that there were zero rose plants in the amusement park.

"Hey guys!" I cut in between their conversation. "You might want to look-" But before I could even finish my sentence there was the sound of rushing feet and a weapon being drawn from a sheath.

Immediately my brain went into full combat mode. Every nerve firing as every action became pure reactionary.

In an instant I had jumped up from the bushes uncapped Riptide as I turned and charged at the attacker. I couldn't see them in the dark but my flight or fight mode had already kicked in. And I was all fight.

I rushed past a confused Grover and Annabeth as I approached the attacker. I couldn't see them clearly but I could still make out the general silhouette of their body. And the distinct shape of a short sword or a dirk in their hand. 

I came up in front of them as I swung down with my blade but it was quickly deflected. I swiped in from the left and felt my sword get caught by the other. I tried to roll my blade over and twist my opponents hand to make them drop their weapon like I had learned from Luke. But they seemed to anticipate that. Quickly disengaging as they pulled back their weapon. Reeling their foot back as they shoved it into my stomach. I quickly fell backward from the impact collapsing to the ground. I tried to jump back up but they were already over me. I heard running from a few yards behind me which I could only assume to be Annabeth. But I could tell she wasn't going to make it in time. 

I tried to raise my blade to defend myself but it was quickly knocked out of my hand. And there was nothing I could do as they stood over me. Dirk held in hand.

I was contemplating my final curse to Zeus when suddenly a familiar voice came from the figure above me.

"If I could see you or read any of my notes. I would have a sick one liner to say before I beat you."