Who Am I. . .

Y/n's POV

Well this kind of sucked, not but an hour ago, my friends and I had nearly been stretched to death, then almost eaten by Cerberus, only for me to get stabbed by a shadow tentacle, and now I face down a giant horde of skeletons. All in all not the best day in the world.

I sighed, as I turned, to face the incoming monsters. Hades, watching from his throne, as they descended upon me. 

This is how I die, I guess. I unsheathed my blade, as I took on a fighting stance. At least I wouldn't go down without a fight. This would be my final stand, but at least my friends were safe.

"Come on you bag of bones, I'll send you right back to the ground!" Not one of my best one liners, but it would have to do.

I tensed my muscles, as I gripped my weapon, preparing myself for the fight. I expected to feel distraught or scared even, but there was nothing but an odd sense of calm. A resigned feeling of peace that this was where I would take my final breath. And in but a moment, after it was all over with, I could see my father again.

I stared back at those empty eye sockets of skeletons rushing towards me, returning it with my own deathly glare. As I promised myself that I would fight to the end, a combat worthy of a heroes death. Worthy of my friends, my protector, my father, and even my mother. I would not go down easily.

I prepared to lunge forward, to meet my enemy head on, but suddenly I felt a pain in my chest. A pain that I had never thought to relive, it's memory bringing my mind back to images of facing down that Chimera. And with that pain came a familiar voice. One I had so begged to never hear utter a word inside my head. To never again feel they're taint upon my body and soul. But my hopes were struck to nothing, as I felt a laugh echo through my mind.

The shadows in the room seemed to intensify, the ground began to rumble, as the palace itself was shaken upon its foundations. The skeletons hesitated for a moment, turning back to their commander, as he sat upon his throne in dismay. He looked around the room in fright, shadow like tendrils climbing out of the cracks as they began to strike down any enemy that came before them. Through the pain I managed to see his eyes shoot back to me, as he spoke in a frightened and dismayed tone.

"What have you brought into my realm?"

The pain grow, an ink like darkness seeming to wrap around my skin. Tendrils clinging to me as I felt that same presence overtake me. Death, and destruction seemed to radiate off of my form in great bursts. Tentacles whipping out from my body as they struck down what ever came near. I could hardly focus on the scene in front of me. I felt a power began to culminate from Hades, as he was surely creating a strike of raw godly power to end me. But I could hardly even think through the pain. I felt their presence creeping in on my soul. The darkness inside of my head increasing as tendrils lashed out at my mind, wrapping around it as they tried to pull it under and into that sea of endless dark abyss. And I knew I couldn't allow them to do it, if I was to die this day. Then I was sure as hell taking them with me.

I suddenly felt myself collapse within. My conscious brought inward as I felt myself returned to that realm inside my head. I expected the normal endless expanse of black, but it seemed my prior attacks had been at least somewhat successful in dispelling that darkness. For now I once again stood upon the precipice of that grassy hill, overlooking that lush valley and widespread forest. But this time I did not feel the warm light upon my face, or the vitality of life and greenery around me. No, everything felt dark, and disparaging, like the curse that had been placed upon my soul, had tainted this place of sanctity. Shadows seeming to stretch towards me like clawing hands, as the moonless night sky was held above. 

I felt the rose in my pocket attempt to beat back the darkness, as it had done before. But I could feel its strength, its magic weakening. I made sure it was safely tucked in my pocket as I began making my way down the hill. My gaze shot ahead, suddenly seeing a figure stood on the edge of the tree line, back towards me with hands held in their pockets. I felt my breath catch in my throat. I wish I could have said I felt anger, rage, bravery, courage, determination, but the only thing I felt was fear.