We Get Trapped In A Time Traveling Hotel

Y/n's POV

I woke up suddenly.

Grover stood over us shaking me and Percy. I rubbed my eyes as he spoke. "We think they're coming to check on the animals."

I then looked over at Percy. The two of us making eye contact as we suddenly realized that we had been sleeping with our heads resting on each other. Luckily neither him nor I had time to stew in our embarrassment as we heard footsteps walking up to the truck.

"Hide!" Annabeth hissed.

Easy for her to say, all she had to do was slip on her invisibility cap, disappearing with ease. Grover, Percy, and I meanwhile had to dive face first into the feed sacks and hope we were mistaken for turnips.

The truck doors creaked open. Light and humid air pouring in with it.

"Man!" one of the truckers said, waving his hand in front of his ugly nose. "I wish I hauled appliances." He climbed inside and poured some water from a jug into the animals' dishes.

"You hot, big boy?" he asked the lion, then splashed the rest of the bucket right at the lion's face.

To which it promptly replied with a roar of aggression.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," the man said.

I felt my glare intensify as I looked at them, feeling myself seething with anger. It simply pissed me off on a level I couldn't comprehend, it was just wrong. Grover seemed to share that sentiment. Tensing up as he gave an equally murderous stare back at them.

The man then tossed the antelope a crumpled Happy Meal bag. He smirked at the zebra. "How ya doin', Striped? Least we'll be getting rid of you this stop. You like magic shows? You're gonna love this one. They're gonna saw you in half!"

Then I watched as the zebra, wild-eyed with fear and desperation, looked straight at Percy.

And though I heard no sound uttered from the animal, it was like I could feel a message of pleading freedom of its desire of release. And by the shocked expression on Percy's face he seemed to understand this as well.

There was a loud banging on the sound of the truck. 

The guy inside then yelled out, "What do you want Eddie?"

A voice outside-it must've been Eddie's-shouted back, "Maurice? What'd ya say?"

"What are you banging for?"

Knock, knock, knock the sound echoed.

Outside, Eddie yelled, "What banging?"

Our guy Maurice rolled his eyes and went back outside, cursing at Eddie for being an idiot.

A second later, Annabeth appeared next to me. She must've done the banging to get Maurice out of the trailer. She said, "This transport business can't be legal."

"Agreed, there's no way these animals are ending up anywhere good." I replied.

"No kidding, the lion says these guys are smugglers!" Grover replied urgently.

I listened intently testing a theory I had, and slowly I heard a message of danger coming from the lion. All but confirming what Grover had said. I couldn't hear any specific words but it was like I could sense what the animals were trying to communicate.

"Well there's no debating it, we have to free these animals." I said as I, Grover, and Annabeth all turned our eyes to Percy waiting for his lead.

He seemed to mull this over for a bit, thinking to himself before abruptly standing up. Unsheathing Riptide as he slashed the lock on the zebras cage.