Alexander

Here I was, sitting next to who I think is the girl of my dreams, in her apartment watching a horror movie with her cat nestled next to me. I hope to God she sees that as a green flag.

I regret putting on a movie because now I feel like I can't talk to her. Is she even scared? I'm fucking terrified. This movie is so much scarier than I thought. But I can't show that I'm scared, because if she's scared, who will protect her? I didn't want her to know that I'm actually a big fucking baby.

I'm hoping she'll break her focus on the movie and start talking. Or maybe I should initiate it?

"Hey, could we pause the movie?" She interrupts.

"Yes. Yes, please, turn it off. It's horrible."

"You think it's bad?"

"No, I think I'm fucking scared and I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight."

She chuckled. It was a cute chuckle. But I want to make her laugh. I haven't done that yet. Shit. I gotta step up my game.

"I'm just gonna use the bathroom real quick," she said. I sat on the couch and watched as she left. I try not to stare and be a douche, but it was hard not to. Her behind is perfect. Not as good as her front since from the back I can't see her gorgeous face, but she's got the perfect body. I start feeling a twitch in my groin. Please God, not now, I think to myself. I stand up to readjust my growing erection right when she walks back out into the living room.

She stops dead in her tracks and stares at me.

"It's not what it looks like..." I stutter. "I... spilled ramen! Do you have any paper towels?"

I can see her cheeks starting to turn red as they did earlier. "Sure, let me grab some." I think I saw the beginning of a smile before she turned away. I was silently cursing myself out for being such a dumbass when she returned with a few towels and I noticed her glance at my groin, which was still alive with an erection. How could I not have one, seeing her beautiful face?

She didn't linger, and quickly sat down, but farther away than she had all night. Shit. I ruined this.

"So, Alex... Alexander?"

"I'm fine with either," I whisper.

She gives a sweet smile. "Tell me about you."

"What do you want to know?" We shifted ourselves on the couch to face each other. The light from outside was just starting to dim, with the sun shining right in her window. She had an okay view, mostly buildings except for one shorter one that allows a view from beyond right in front of us. The reflection of the sun off the buildings bathed everything in her apartment with golden rays.

"Anything you're willing to tell."

I thought to myself for a moment about how I wanted to gauge this conversation. She rested her elbow on the top of the couch and propped her head against it, looking at me, eager for my response. Her eyes were gorgeous. She was toying with her lip ever so slightly, but I noticed it. It was not helping my body's autonomous response.

"Well, you know my name. I'm 27, I live a few blocks north–"

"Really?" she interjects. "That close? I've never seen you. Like ever. Not until that first day."

"Maybe you just weren't looking," I teased. She stuttered for a moment.

"H-.. how long have you lived there?"

"Three years. Actually coming up towards my fourth."

"Huh," she sighed in disbelief.

"You?"