Olivia

Later in the night (and after an extensive clean-up of the restaurant) we all drove back to my parents' house, where we continued our celebration of Alex and I's engagement.

I really had no idea and Monica kept laughing at me the whole night. "I didn't think you could be so clueless," she said. But I was happy for it I suppose. It was a real surprise. I had never been so happy in my entire life.

At my parent's house, we danced, drank, laughed. Amy told me how excited she was to have a sister (and basically she's getting two sisters since Monica is kind of my sister). She already showed me some wedding dresses she saved months before because that's just how long they've been planning this.

"Since when?" I asked.

"Just before Thanksgiving," Amy said.

Alex had been thinking about this for months. Planning for months. Months. My heart squeezed.

Monica and Daniel left first, followed by Amy and Jack. My mom fixed us a cup of coffee since it was getting late and we still had to catch a train home. She was so excited and emotional. And my dad. I never seen my dad cry the way he was tonight. I could only imagine the mess he'd be at our wedding. I'd be lying if I said my mascara wasn't totally ruined by the end of the night.

Before we left, my mom gave me some gifts which I refused but my mom insisted. When I looked inside the bag, there was a box of condoms to which I groaned because ew, mom. She said she didn't want a grandbaby before we got married. I rolled my eyes. Also, a handwritten card that was dated 11/24 which was this recent Thanksgiving. It was a letter from both my mom and dad, saying that Alex asked them for their blessing, and they couldn't be happier to say yes to him. Then of course, my mom being my mom, she had an additional card for just me where she laid out all of the things to expect during wedding planning, how happy she was, how proud of me she was. I could hardly hold in the emotions.

I was so thankful for my family. So thankful for Alex and his family. I just wished his parents could have been here to see this. It was a little past midnight now, and we were getting our coats on to leave. "Let's go home," Alex said.

I didn't even ask "Which one?" because it didn't matter whether it was my apartment or his.

As long as I was with him, I was home.